my cb450 build thread.

forcefanajd

Over 1,000 Posts
well here i go, time to start my build thread for my cb450 (seems like there are quite a few cb450's popping up here lately). im gonna try to keep ontop of updating this, if its been a while and your in for an update just bump it up and ill try my best.

progress is slow right now because i need a hoop for my rear frame so i can make a plate to support my electronics, tail light, and battery, but no one around here can make me one for some reason? weird

picture the day i got it after i mocked up my shocks from a cb750, clubmans, headlight visor, removed the seat, and cut the rear frame off.

bike.jpg

tank before knee dents, ill put an updated picture up tonight after i finish DA'ing it.

NewImage.jpg

hillsy said:
I'd find a shittier tank to put knee dents in if I was you. That one looks mint :eek:

its really not as nice as it looks....theres a few dens on the top the decals are chipped and there are a few dents on the side....besides i already dented it :p

Nooo! Even with those minor imperfections, the tank would have looked kick ass, like "Oh yeah I'm vintage, they tried to kill me, but they failed so here I am". Would've been cool.

Anyway, welcome and +1 for the 450s!

goodfornothing said:
Nooo! Even with those minor imperfections, the tank would have looked kick ass, like "Oh yeah I'm vintage, they tried to kill me, but they failed so here I am". Would've been cool.

Anyway, welcome and +1 for the 450s!

lol o well...Im a painter and icouldnt deal with those imperfections, someone else may have been able to but the inside ofthis tank is spotless and I'm not trying to deal with a rusty tank, so this one stays.

Glad to see others enjoy the 450's.

well i made a little bit of progress, been a little busy so i havent been able to do as much as id like. but i need some opinions.....(heres an updated picture of how the tank sits right now, the second picture is a fuel filler i picked up on the cheap and im undecided if i wanna use it or not so tell me what you guys think.)

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

I think on that tank you should bondo it up, so you can sharpen the edging into those dents. That tank is boss. Make it look bossy...not deflated?

It's just the picture....the body line is still there (if you couldn't tell there's only a little time into the tank, again I'm a painter so it'll be done right and with as little bondo as possible, time to break out the dollys) What's your opinion on the gas cap though?

Yeah I see the paint! Right on! The cap doesnt do anything for me. Cant really tell a difference. I think I like the original...looks like it'd sit lower. Has that little V too.

The new cap is the same one Cary sells for $85 ::) if you shop around you can easily get it for $50 cheaper like I did, I like this one for a couple reasons, one being for painting (it's removable with 4 screws making it easier and a cleaner finish once complete, 2 the latch clips over the top of the cap which gives it an older more mechanical look, and 3 it's a little smaller width wise making the tank appear larger. Believe it or not this cap isn't much taller the the stock one (maybe 1/4" or so) once installed the neck at the bottom will be cut off so the tank can be filled all the way. In just skeptical on howbit will look once it's all said and done.

Yeah go for it then. Tank looks bigger/mechanical sold me on it. I love pulleys & gears etc. The over top latch is neat. Try it out.

alright....well i finally started working on it again lol. ive been too busy looking for a job and helping friends with their stuff.

today i finished stripping the tank to bare metal, cleaned the new jugs in prep for paint that i will lay on tomarrow, disassembled the front end, started polishing one of the fork legs, and started cleaning the front hub. ill post some pictures up tomarrow.

bcbarker was kinda enough to photoshop a couple paint schemes for me and here they are.....i dont know what i like best but if i go with the repsol theme i will do the orange wheels just like the repsol bikes and if i do the rc30 colors ill do white rims bothe with black hubs and stainless spokes......which do you guys like best?

Cafe450PSed2.jpg

Cafe450PSed_No_Logo.jpg

Cafe450PSed.jpg

ive always been a huge repsol fan but i thnk im leaning toward the rc30 scheme.....your input and reasoning is very welcome

white rear shocks with chrome springs or black? im having a hard time picturing a white frame on that bike not too mention itll be a bitch to keep clean

hm.

Well it looks rad with the black frame too. The colors are great and the honda wing is what it's about. If you leave it black keep teh red shocks. they look cool.

yah....i dont think i can justify a white frame....i think itd be too much white.....i love the HRC stickers on the front forks too.

Back
Top Bottom