Aussie Build Thread

liam

1970 cb350/1980 xs250/2004 klx400/BMW E30 323I
This is all the australian builds i'm aware of, on this forum and caferacer.net, netrider.org.au, etc. they can get arranged in some order once we decide what that should be.

add more after this post and i'll paste them in. some of them aren't really build threads, eg sickman's rickman, but really nice nonetheless/

I'll star* some of my favourites, If there's any you really like, leave a comment and i'll mark* them as well

Boingk's 'Apocalyptic' GS850 (NSW)
Staffy's "Le Pecore Nere" 78" SR500 (SA)
liam's 'le pere noir' CB350 (VIC)
Steve F's 'Ratty Cafe' CX500 (NSW)
*Zonda's 'Powder coat or polish' CB450 (QLD)
88's 'Girl next door' GS550 (NSW) second thread
Sickman's Rickman CR (SA)
Andycafe's '90% complete' CB250RS (?)
NOZ69R's CB250N 1980 (NSW)
Daineseboy's CB750 (?)
*Hotfunk67's 'half a cb350' CB175 (NSW)
*Aido's KH100's (VIC)
Lovell's 'Aussie bob' CB175 (?)
lachbeth1125's cafe KH100 (?)
Haysie's GSX250E (?)
spider-man's CB 450 (?)
*Tezza's T250 restore (?)
RickB's CB400 four 'rookie project' (VIC)
Big Bad Bob Dog's CB250 in Aussie land
*Hoopsnakeengineering's Z250 (?)
Marlon's SR400 cafe racer (NSW) second thread
Pil's 'brat custom' CB250 (NSW)
Pil's 'so-cal' bobber CB360 (NSW)
Pil's 'deus copy' TW200 (NSW)
Scott.V's cafe CB200 (VIC)
MischiefMakers' CD250U (VIC)
MattB's XS400 (VIC)
*MIK20B's custom TW200 (NSW)
*LM40's 'home brewed' TW200 (NSW)
*Return of the cafe Racers XS650 (WA)
Lunar_C's SR250 (WA)
Ducmeister's CB350 (VIC)
Sebatron's CB125N (VIC)
Bikeboy's CB 900 bol d'or
revheadgl's 73 Honda XL100 (ACT)

liam said:
i made a start, know i missed a few, and there's more i'm aware of on caferacer.net and other forums that i'll add. they'll get arranged in some order once we decide what that should be.
add more after this post and i'll paste them in. some of them aren't really build threads, eg sickman's rickman, but really nice nonetheless/

Boingk's 'Apocalyptic' GS850 (NSW)
Staffy's "Le Pecore Nere" 78" SR500 (SA)
liam's 'le pere noir' CB350 (VIC)
Steve F's 'Ratty Cafe' CX500 (?)
Zonda's 'Powder coat or polish' CB450 (QLD)
88's 'Girl next door' GS550 (NSW) second thread
Sickman's Rickman CR (SA)
Andycafe's '90% complete' CB250RS (?)
NOZ69R's CB250N 1980 (NSW)
Daineseboy's CB750 (?)
Hotfunk67's 'half a cb350' CB175 (NSW)
Aido's KH100's (VIC)
Lovell's 'Aussie bob' CB175 (?)
lachbeth1125's cafe KH100 (?)

liam said:
i made a start, know i missed a few, and there's more i'm aware of on caferacer.net and other forums that i'll add. they'll get arranged in some order once we decide what that should be.

I'll star* some of my favourites, If there's any you really like, leave a comment and i'll mark* them as well

Steve F's 'Ratty Cafe' CX500 (NSW)

Edit to make the quote shorter

no need to quote the whole thing,just your state would be fine otherwise the thread will get really long

anyway, i've exhausted my knowledge of australian bikes, so it''s up to the rest of you. there is a guy building a couple of bikes in perth, i think he had a ducati and a sr250, if anyone remembers what his thread was called.

indeed. that's a good old fashioned SNAP.

i've got a mind like a sieve...

Nice work liam, especially the part where I'm at the top! Guessing it was because I'd already exampled my link in the suggestions thread.

Good stuff everyone.

- boingk

EDIT: Took out me not realising the list covers other forums.

Nice job, lots of builds I hadn't even seen before. I had my build on the Caferacer.net site, but this site seems to attract a lot more interest. Keep the thread going this is great!

Haysie

The guy in Perth is Lunar_C SR 250
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5717.0
thanks for the list I'll go through those!
Glenn

That's a great build that one. Check out the electrics setup he does in the back under the seat.

Got myself an early christmas present.. 1980 CX500. Build thread here http://australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=4864.0

there was a picture on one of the tracker blogs a couple of days ago, of a flattrack cx500 built in the 80's, they pulled off the shaft drive, put the motor in sideways and turned it to chain drive, pretty cool mod

Was that the one where the fella hand built the whole bike? I think i may have seen it. Link?

Do you mean the NS750, not much CX500 left in that one!!!

http://www.roadracerx.com/features/backmarker/backmarker-the-ns750-flat-tracker/

And a pic

bm1-9.jpg

Cheers
Steve

couple more for the list.
65bellett is playing around with a 1970 royal enfield bullet, and i'm (H100) soon going cafe with a 1982 honda h100.
we're both in victoria.
when we start proper threads on them, i'll add the links.
cheers!

Back
Top Bottom