CB125J

Dogboy

Hi, I'm from Austrlia... Mudgee, New South Wales to be precise. Its a small country town, I love in town and yes, we actually do have kangaroo's in our front yards eating the lawn. The bastards are everywhere!

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd show my 1976 cb125. I've just bought a Honda XL500s and will be turning it into a street bobber in the same style as the bratstyle/gravelcrew bikes.

I lost the original pic of my bike but it was orange and look like this (but not as good):

BfukuB2kKGrHqYH-CIErodRksGBBLCkJFGU.jpg

Gave the frame a rattle can paint job, new grips, footpeg rubbers, handlebars, exhaust, shocks, took the side covers/battery box off and polished and painted the engine a bit. The tank had a few scratches and I couldn't decide on what colour to paint it, I then saw a pic of mysta2's cl360 LOUDBIKE and loved the rising sun decal and raw metal tank....so I copied it for now. Eventually I'll paint the tank, probably silver with some black stripes down the top.

This is how it looks for now:

IMG_1479sml.jpg

IMG_1478sml.jpg

IMG_1480sml.jpg

Looks good. Id drop the headlight a bit. Theres a cl125 on here in the bobber build section. Hell dig your seat.

Nice job! Looks similar to my CB125 cafe. Where did you get the seat? - MBS

MBS said:
Nice job! Looks similar to my CB125 cafe. Where did you get the seat? - MBS

Oh yeah, forgot about the seat. I bought an sl70 cover of ebay and I used an old yz125 plastic seat base and foam, I cut it down to the shape and thickness that most suited the frame and the cover and stapled the cover on. Cheap and easy!

Curbcast said:
Looks good. Id drop the headlight a bit. Theres a cl125 on here in the bobber build section. Hell dig your seat.

im assuming youre refering to me, and you sir are correct.

thats a sweet seat! its a sweet bike! nice, im jealous.

Dogboy said:
Oh yeah, forgot about the seat. I bought an sl70 cover of ebay and I used an old yz125 plastic seat base and foam, I cut it down to the shape and thickness that most suited the frame and the cover and stapled the cover on. Cheap and easy!
Thats fuckin genius... I see a whole new crop of folks copying this idea for their "brat" bikes...

Looks awesome, I agree that dropping the headlamp would help the flow of the bike...dropping the whole front end an inch or two would be good.

with a 125 being so small, do you have a problem with those drag bars touching your knees at full lock? im a little guy, 135lbs and 5'8" so the bike doesnt look silly on me. i got drag bars, but havent fit them on the bike yet. just wondering if you had any run ins with it?

mikeadamstattoo said:
with a 125 being so small, do you have a problem with those drag bars touching your knees at full lock? im a little guy, 135lbs and 5'8" so the bike doesnt look silly on me. i got drag bars, but havent fit them on the bike yet. just wondering if you had any run ins with it?

I'm 6' and at full lock the bars would hit my knees, but It's never been an issue. I guess if I have tha bars at full lock then its at a walking pace and my feet are off the pegs anyway. I'm used to being cramped though, my other ride is a 1976 z50:

IMG_1221sml.jpg

I then saw a pic of mysta2's cl360 LOUDBIKE and loved the rising sun decal and raw metal tank....so I copied it for now. Eventually I'll paint the tank, probably silver with some black stripes down the top.

Wow Kit; you're way ahead of your time :) The flag on his loudbike is actually painted on the bike. It's insane the lengths he went to ensure it was perfect. And it is.

There is a very eloquent member on this forum who is going to get grumpy about you putting the flag on the bike. Overall, cool bike!

--Chris

motofiaccone said:
Wow Kit; you're way ahead of your time :) The flag on his loudbike is actually painted on the bike. It's insane the lengths he went to ensure it was perfect. And it is.

There is a very eloquent member on this forum who is going to get grumpy about you putting the flag on the bike. Overall, cool bike!

--Chris

while the loudbike IS one of my fav cafes and very awesome. and the fact that his is painted on is awesome too, i dont think its the first bike to sport a japanese flag. i think it looks cool on both bikes.

motofiaccone said:

--Chris

With a few mods like a carbon cafe seat and I could pay him a franchise fee and call it "Mini Loudbike". ;D

I was reluctant to post the pics because I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, but it is a work in progress.

Consider the rising sun decal gone!
(as soon as it get's drier/warmer here... we've been in drought for ages and our Average temp in January is dry and 32'C or 90'F and we've had 2 weeks of rain and tops of just 20'C or 68'F.)

I 'll adds some paint and new decals and post the pics in the next week or so.

That is one cool little scoot you got man. I'd be real tempted to take that tank off the z50 and put it on SOMETHING though!

motofiaccone said:

--Chris
Sorry but I think Kit is a bigger person than that. Besides if he didn't want people to use any of his ideas he most certainly wouldn't have taken photos of his bike and posted it on the world wide web ::) Search long enough and its probably been done before anyway. We are all standing on the shoulders of giants.
I'd be flattered if someone wanted to use one of my ideas.

The bike looks really good.

Gents, I was joking! If you love it, I say keep it on. I/we use a lot of styling cues from LoudBike.

--Chris

Hahaha, good. I'm so glad. I was kinda wondering. After all, the brother is from Austrlia. It's not like he was going to drive down the street and have people wondering if he got his ideas from Loudbike ;D Awesome looking bikes many miles apart. Its all good!

troybilt said:
Sorry but I think Kit is a bigger person than that. Besides if he didn't want people to use any of his ideas he most certainly wouldn't have taken photos of his bike and posted it on the world wide web ::) Search long enough and its probably been done before anyway. We are all standing on the shoulders of giants.
I'd be flattered if someone wanted to use one of my ideas.

The bike looks really good.

;D Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

That a great seat Idea ummhhh can i do that
;D ;D

sweet

Hey Mate I've got a 75 CB125J and I'm in Sydney.

Where did you get your indicators and tail light from? And how did you got about 6V convertion?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom