My Honda Cl350 build. Tips needed

What should Jared do after painting the frame?

• Rebuild forks right away

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Paint engine right away

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • redo wiring

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • buy battery and ignition wires

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Jared

...Try the morphine, it's excellent today!
so pretty much I want to turn my honda cl350 into a sweet cafe racer. but it didnt come with the exhaust so im going to use cb350 exhaust, and the wires to the spark plugs are rotten to nothing else. So if anyone has any advice that would be sweet. Also the seat i am just going to refoam and re cover it, but carve the foam into the shape i want here are some pics........
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
These are month old pics, what I have done so far is sanded the tanks, as most of you know money is tight, especially for a 15 year old motorcycle enthusiest. so here is the pics, i also removed the head light tos fill, sand and primer it. all I am waiting on now is just some headers and those wires in order for her to run!
IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

Off to a good start already. Did you find out about those plug wires? They should have them at any auto parts store.

Big R said:
Off to a good start already. Did you find out about those plug wires? They should have them at any auto parts store.
thanks dude its amazing what 45 minutes of work can do for you huh? oh, I havent been able to get to a auto store yet for those wires. Do you know any off the top of you head that will have them? and will the look like just wire or what?

Any of them should have a "universal" set that will work. But personally I try to get all my stuff from www.denniskirk.com. Lowest prices around and a great selection of stuff. They have the "Sparky" wire assembly which is about $4 for a wire and the cap. Shipping is only $8 for orders under $100 but free after that.

Big R said:
Any of them should have a "universal" set that will work. But personally I try to get all my stuff from www.denniskirk.com. Lowest prices around and a great selection of stuff. They have the "Sparky" wire assembly which is about $4 for a wire and the cap. Shipping is only $8 for orders under $100 but free after that.
see idk on getting them from there because if auto zone has them for like say 6 buck i saved six in shipping alone

Just keep it in mind. It's been a while since I had to get wires, but I think most auto parts stores only sell sets for cars - 4, 6, or 8 wires at a time. So right off the bat you might have to buy double what you need.

Any motorcycle shops out your way? Even a dealership has good deals on parts sometimes.

Big R said:
Just keep it in mind. It's been a while since I had to get wires, but I think most auto parts stores only sell sets for cars - 4, 6, or 8 wires at a time. So right off the bat you might have to buy double what you need.

Any motorcycle shops out your way? Even a dealership has good deals on parts sometimes.
yeah theres two, but wait for that site if you buy two would you have to double shipping?

Big R said:

oh and how would you go about attaching them to the coils> by soldering and heat shrink?

Generally companies will combine shipping, so no, I would assume that if you purchased two wires, the shipping cost wouldn't change.

As for soldering spark-plug leads onto the coils... Just be cautious... those coils are critical to getting your bike to run, and they are expensive to replace.

spark6 said:
Generally companies will combine shipping, so no, I would assume that if you purchased two wires, the shipping cost wouldn't change.

As for soldering spark-plug leads onto the coils... Just be cautious... those coils are critical to getting your bike to run, and they are expensive to replace.
okay, so cut the old wire a few inches out and solder onto the old wire?

I didn't mess with the stock coil on my bike - the top end spark was shot so I replaced it with a cheapo from www.jcwhitney.com. But try to twist the original wire out first, that's how my new coil wired up.

the previous owner of my bike was under the impression that the wires unscrewed from the coils.. he was wrong. my fix:

0a12_12.jpg

0c09_12.jpg

0783_12.jpg

go! said:
the previous owner of my bike was under the impression that the wires unscrewed from the coils.. he was wrong. my fix:

0a12_12.jpg

0c09_12.jpg

0783_12.jpg
good idea thanks!

baby elephant guy said:
hey its trianglecopyguy on youtube... welcome to the site... glad you started a thread
oh hey dude, thanks for checking out my thread. im super glad that i found this site, because so many people have hlped me out its not even real. so got any tips, like how did you set the points???? because thats something i can do now!

FYI - you don't have to reply with quotes.

But setting the points is in the manual. I think there's a small set screw or something on the back edge of the point itself. Rotate the crank slowly by hand until it's completely open, and get some small shims to make sure it's within tolerance. I want to say the gap should be around .014" - .016"?

alright thanks for the fyi, but i still dont know how to set the points, i tried it but i had no idea what i was doing. ha

BUY A MANUAL!!!!
ha ha ha
seriously though bud, you need one it will save you a ton of aggrivation and time. no point in waiting for one of us dummys to respond when you can have the answer right there... ;D

Back
Top Bottom