Post a pic of your latest purchase

boingk said:
40' of lumber, 2 sheets of 8x4 1/4" ply, box of 1-1/4" screws, polyurethane glue & varnish, mitre saw, jigsaw:

525636_10151267158001922_1582745673_n.jpg

Building a simple jonboat, almost done!

- boingk
Love the Jon boat. You and the kids will have alot of fun with that! Turtle and frog hunting excitement!

Bout time I invested in one of these

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361574184.751901.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 202
Bought a lathe for the shop, and build a table for it and all the little parts. Made it just as wide as two boxes i use for scrap material. (i actually bought it last month, but due to moving to a new workshop i did not get to start working on it till tonight)

image-9_zps753f6810.jpeg

foto-3_zps3c751e5d.jpg

SIKED!

lingo said:
It might be getting serious

image_20828.jpg

CB450K3- organ donor
CB450K3- On the road again.

You know organ donor and on the road again are both songs? DJ shadow vs Canned heat.. Jeezz
Would make a great mash-up :p

What kind of tool is pictured btw?

lingo said:
It might be getting serious

image_20828.jpg
shrinker & strecher i love mine i got the one body two jaw set but eastwoods sent me the two body kit win win and i build a stand with foot controls

jimmer said:
Love the Jon boat. You and the kids will have alot of fun with that! Turtle and frog hunting excitement!

Thanks jimmer, mind you I am only 24 and am yet to propose to my girlfriend of almost a year and a half now. Our plans definitely include kids once we get houses and careers set up properly, though.

My dream builds are these: http://flo-mo.weebly.com/

Specifically this one:

5414436_orig.jpg

Its built out of *one sheet* of 8'x4' 4mm Okume/Sapeli plywood and some glass covering for the seams and bottom. Most one sheeters end up being canoes or kayaks but this is a fully fledged little rowboat with dimensions of 7'4" and 45"... I rekon it looks awesome.

Cheers - boingk

Cheers!

As many of you know, I was given a set of Mustang wheels and tyres fro pick up, so, after paying some bills, I finally got one of these
Fordconnector-1.jpg

Fordconnector-2.jpg

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
It's needed because I finally (after 8yrs) got a new radio. (made in China, but better than the 8yr old radio I have now - if it actually works? ;D )
Doesn't have a cassette player though ;)
Newradio.jpg

Got my front spokes from Buchanan's today... now I just need to polish these up along with my hub and GL hoop and im in buisness!

Attachments

• 2013-02-21 17.05.39.jpg
    2013-02-21 17.05.39.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 221
stroker crazy said:
What's a cassette player?

Crazy

They say it's gonna replace the 8-track someday.

Picked myself up some sheet aluminum from an air duct demo at work, one sheet is 1/16" the other 1/8"... 3 foot wide and 7 foot long. I'm going to try my hand at banging out some custom side covers...

Attachments

• 16th alum.jpg
    16th alum.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 526
bradj said:
shrinker & strecher i love mine i got the one body two jaw set but eastwoods sent me the two body kit win win and i build a stand with foot controls

I went cheap and got the Harbor freight ones. I am going to do the Lazze mods to them and I should be good. I got a 20% off coupon in my email yesterday and was wanting a set. Once I have a little more floor space in my basement (finish my shed) I will look at getting a floor stand for them.

A little while ago I acquired a little something from Crazypj (tachometer plug). Finally got a chance to get the little thing on there. Work has been NUTS.

Thanks a heap for that, man. So nice indeed. Cheers!

While in Toronto last weekend I swung by TownMoto as well and picked up a couple of things. Grips, a horn (my new one from another shop that will go unnamed was defective) and a new 'T' to support the shop. Cool little shop!

All I got for now.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 249
  • plug2.jpg
    plug2.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 244
Re: Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase

Bert Jan said:
Bought a lathe for the shop, and build a table for it and all the little parts. Made it just as wide as two boxes i use for scrap material. (i actually bought it last month, but due to moving to a new workshop i did not get to start working on it till tonight)

image-9_zps753f6810.jpeg

foto-3_zps3c751e5d.jpg

SIKED!

I'm seriously jealous of this. Very high on my "to buy list". Good get man!!!

lingo said:
I went cheap and got the Harbor freight ones. I am going to do the Lazze mods to them and I should be good. I got a 20% off coupon in my email yesterday and was wanting a set. Once I have a little more floor space in my basement (finish my shed) I will look at getting a floor stand for them.
lazza knows his shit i did that mod to mine. that tool is a game changer

New2meCB said:
A little while ago I acquired a little something from Crazypj (tachometer plug). Finally got a chance to get the little thing on there. Work has been NUTS.

Thanks a heap for that, man. So nice indeed. Cheers!

While in Toronto last weekend I swung by TownMoto as well and picked up a couple of things. Grips, a horn (my new one from another shop that will go unnamed was defective) and a new 'T' to support the shop. Cool little shop!

All I got for now.

Cool, that's the first time I've seen one fitted in a 350

Cut, shape, grind, repeat. I may not know what I'm doing but I'm enjoying myself.

h405Mvwl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom