CL350 TYPE 1 TRACK BIKE; NOW RUNS!

Jared

...Try the morphine, it's excellent today!
Well guys if you dont know this is a new thread that I am posting up. Anyway's let's get on with it. I purchased a 1969 Honda CL350 off of the ABQ craigslist around March or so. Here is how she looked then...

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Luckily I only purchased her for $80.00 plus one free 40 mile drive to get it to my house, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Holly only had 3,930 miles!

Well here are my general plans
-Rear-sets
-Clip-Ons
-Bitchin' seat
-sick tires
-Rebuild the engine
-make it as fast as possible
-make Holly look like a long forgotten track bike
-Finish rewiring her, because she needs it.
-enjoy the first ride
-rebuild forks
-replace rear shocks with 13.5" :D progressives

So I pulled the engine only to find the left hand cylinder has a flat exhaust seat for the exhaust valve. Which I had to replace so I decided to do it right and replace all of the valves witch totalled me about $120.00 dollars. And to cut to the chase here is how she sits now, engine rebuilt, freshly painted, rebuilt forks, and now just need to finish the electrics. Sorry the pics are being dumb I will post a video and some pics up though. A video for DOTHETON.com

Re: 1969 Honda CL350 Type 1 cafe build! Riding Holly is going to be fun! :D

Why the new thread?

The other one got way to cluttered. to many worthless pages. This was just a fresh start.

Jared are you still on the subway diet? I wanna try it.

Good deal. Bikes on ABQ craigslist are retarded dumb. People here seem to think any rusty hunk is worth $1500.

same with Colorado man! But on here everyone thinks that a COMPLETE 1987 fzr1000 is only worth $300 with a clean title and a video of it running. I hate people sometimes lol! so I will be posting up later what I need and pics with it!

Dude's I need a little help. To simpily put it, the wiring is pissing me right the fuck off. Would any of you post a really simple schematic, so I could just hop to it this weekend? It would be really helpful. As for the headlight and turn signals and such I will wire in later. All I care about right now is getting her running! oh and here is how the bike looks now...

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Jared said:
The other one got way to cluttered. to many worthless pages. This was just a fresh start.

ever see my thread? pages of useless shit. thats what makes it awesome :D :D

I guess David lol! I just like to keep things neat so when I finish I can reflect on it then.

Thanks dude!

Sticky? Lol what do you mean?

I found a few interesting digits on the right fork, a number, some japanese symbol, and I beleve another number. Does anyone have any clue as to what they may be and what they mean?

Well guys I am just going to try and knock out the wiring this weekend. Since I am off of school for four days! :D

As it turns out I am no expert in wiring. So can you guys make it as simple as possible please.

Need help with the wiring

Got a question Mike. I have most of it hooked up, just not the head light tail light and the ignition switch. but I still need a little help. Here is a vid to explain....

Another DTT video

green is the BLACK

BLACK is the RED.

yellow is yellow.

Green is considered Ground on hondas. black is considered live. usual electric terms say that red is Positive (live) and black is negative (ground).

power goes from battery, through fuse, to ignition switch, to kill switch, to coils.

but also remember that yellow and blue go from the contact breakers (points) to each coil. so you should have TWO wires to each coil.

turn off everything but alternator and coils... and its easy.

http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring350K4.html

good luck brother. your close.

also if your running kick only, dont need starter solenoid. just run power to the ignition switch, and then to the kill switch.

Back
Top Bottom