Jenny's Bobber -75 Honda CB500T coming to Barber!

BikerBabe84

I finally got my project bike. I'm so excited! ;D

We looked while we were at Barber in the Swap Meet and didn't find anything we really had to have. So we came home and went on Craig's List and found a 1971 Honda CB350. We got the box of parts and the bike all for $250. It needs alot of work to make it a bobber, but that is the fun part making it yours. Now we just need to get it running and a title.
We're going to keep it as a Cafe for now and this winter we'll tear her apart and get her ready to go.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Travis had to try it out
IMG_2026.jpg

Tucked in for speed for you boys!
IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Re: Bobber Project Bike- 1978 Honda CB350

Any interest in selling that seat? Might work nicely on one of my CL100s. Dimensions?

sweet I'd ride the hell out of it like it is -that is a funky cool exhaust.

Yeah the exhaust is kinda cool it would be better if it didn't aim right at the bottom of the seat. It was someones old race bike. no electronics just a toggle switch. some crappy bracing and even crappier rearsets. I like the bars though they may make it onto another bike. should be a blast to wok on.

Ah, so this is the 350. That exhaust is crazy - some potential in that thing.

Very cool guys. Glad to see you bought it! Theres some neat stuff going on there. Im guessing its a CB360 front end (no disk on the 350 twin), which is great! I have a bunch af 350 bits, so if you need anything lemme know.

VonYinzer said:
Very cool guys. Glad to see you bought it! Theres some neat stuff going on there. Im guessing its a CB360 front end (no disk on the 350 twin), which is great! I have a bunch af 350 bits, so if you need anything lemme know.
Mike I'm a little confussed here ( like thats not normal ) . You say that the 350 didn'y have a front disc brake but the one i have dies and I got it from the original owner . Is that jus with the 78 or all 350s ?

Re: Bobber Project Bike- 1971 Honda CB350

Thanks to Mike, for doing a little work, we found out that it's a 1971 Honda CB350, not a 1978. Come to find out, they didn't make it in 1978. So she'll be 40 next year! I can't wait until we're done! I want to paint it black, but still deciding if I want a white racing stripe down the tank, but that'll be a while.

Here are some pics of what it looks like now (since we got our hands on it) and me cleaning the carbs.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

Lookin good hun. There was a couple of models of the cb350 that had a front disk. This is not one of those. She has a Drum front wheel that i assume is the original wheel. We cleaned carbs and I Polished the float bowls. I was gonna have jenn polish the float bowl but I had visions of float bowls flying across the garage. I will start her on something flatter like a side cover.

I have been learning how to clean the carbs and how to put them back together. Now we are waiting on some more parts to finish them, but here's how they look now.

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

Cleaned carbs in the engine

IMG_2062.jpg

Before and after

Sorry for the confusion... I just meant that YOUR bike couldnt have come with disk brake. Sorry...

Anyhow, the bikes looking good so far! Good job polishing the carb bits. Again, I have a bunch of 350 stuff lying around, so if you need anything let me know.

Re: Bobber Project Bike- 1975 Honda CB500T

Well, we got another project bike for me. It's a 1975 Honda CB500T for $200. As we were looking at the frame for the CB350 we realized it was stamped sheet metal and would be alot of work to make it the type of bobber that I want. So we went back on the Craig's List and found this one up in Brunswick, GA. It'll be alot easier to modify this frame to make it work. He also had some pipes already as you can see and they are gonna look good!

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

This is the inspiration bike, it's an CB500T.
433.jpg

suni_br02b.jpg

Right on... I will turn you two into Honda lovers if it kills me. Ha ha ha...

Keep giving me parts and how can I resist.The wheels were ordered tonight. I got her a brand new set of 16 inch rims.

hahaha sweeeeet! you gave in to the honda goodness!
very cool man

Good scores. I think I'm partial to the 350 at the moment, but we'll see what happens as they get moving....

Here's an update on the CB500T...

We have received the rims and are waiting on the tires to come in the mail. The wheels we got are Double Wide Whitewall Front and Rear Harley MT90-16. We're hoping that maybe the 750 hub we got will work, but we'll have to wait and see once we get it all put together. We think the coils are bad so we'll need new ones before we can get any kind of spark out of it.

Saturday we went to Cyco Cycles here in town, it's a bike junk yard to see what kind of tanks we would like to use, such as measurements and the size. It'll have a peanut tank, now we have to find one.

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

1401.jpg

And the bike.
IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom