"Rust" Honda CB450SC Cafe/Bobber (first bike build)

Those bars are looking good. I noticed that you've got backsweep but no downsweep on them, are they comfortable that way?

thanks rays650cafe.... glad you like them ! ! ! !

thanks to you too kwazykid... well i havent tryed ones with downsweep to compare... but i find them very confortable.....

That's all that matters then! As long as you are happy with how they came out then stick with them.

Hey guys... I´m still waiting for parts... hopefully this week I'll get them, meanwhile I´ve been playing around with photoshop... here's what i´ve come up with.....

rust-paper.jpg

Heyy Guys ! ! !

Well how do i begin.... i know its been more than 30 days since my last post... but it has been hell ! ! ! !

let me tell you the story...

my last post was how i finally assembled the engine and attached to the frame, after that i started working on the wiring and all was well... but when i made first attempt to start the engine i noticed something was wrong... it failed to turn continuously... and after many tries and forum searches i decided against all of what i stood for (completing the project by my self) i took it to a mechanic witch handed down to a different mechanic without me knowing... after 2 weeks of waiting i finally got rid of the original one and sticked to the second one, he told me the starter clutch was busted and that i needed one... living outside the US it took ages to get the part... but know it all good ! ! !

all problems aside... i got my self a 1992 GSX-R 750 complete set of forks for US$ 130.00....

IMG_0945.jpg

they're a bit rough... but i still think it was a bargain....

This is how its looking right now... i've been playing on the look of the bike...

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

a couple of days ago i saw a bike witch had the tank inverted... and i thought that it would look great on my bike... it's just a idea... what do you guys think... need your input on this ! !! !

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

I hope thats a joke...

anyways..good work. Forks in there properly or just mocked up?

tron97 said:
I hope thats a joke...

anyways..good work. Forks in there properly or just mocked up?

what's a joke???? you didnt like the tank part???

the forks are mocked up... but it´s just for the pic... i just havent got the time to take the triple tree to the machine shop to make the bearings fit...

IMHO the tank thing doesn't really work for me.....Stand there and look at it for awhile, if you like it do it. I think it's going together nicely without it.

rays650cafe said:
IMHO the tank thing doesn't really work for me.....Stand there and look at it for awhile, if you like it do it. I think it's going together nicely without it.

thanks for your honest opinion... i really apreciate it ! ! ! is just a thought anyways... i was thinking in getting another tank and try... i would also like a CB900 tank... time will tell... so many ideas running through my mind ! ! ! !

I try and remember the whole picture. Try to make everything proportionate, unless you're trying to emphasize a particular aspect. You seem like you know what you're doing. Hope to see the finished bike soon. Good luck, have fun.
Regards, Ray.

and after a few months of frustration and going back and fourth.... she's finally ALIVE ! ! ! ! !

http://youtu.be/Cv5hUBvYXtU

I know the project is still a very far from finished... but this is a big milestone for me ! ! ! !

ENJOY ! ! ! !

Hello guys... I know i´ve been away for too long but i know you will all understand.... I got so exited getting the bike rolling that i forgot about the pictures... the bike is not near completed... but as a DIY project i didn't want to completed until i knew everything was in order...I also just want to RIDE ! ! ! !

Here are some pics of my first road trip... it was a 2 hour trip to a nearby town called Bonao...

IMG_2889_zps186cd17c.jpg

IMG_2892_zps30ebc60d.jpg

As she stands today... i have to work on the seat... have few ideas... but it still in the process

IMG_2897_zps567e091a.jpg

Very nice! What are you running for intake and exhaust? Did you rejet the carbs? I'm working on my Nighthawk now. Is that still the stock tank? I am trying to fit a bobber seat on mine, but it doesn't want to fit right. Gonna have to modify the frame somewhat. What did you make your seat out of? Glad to see another Nighthawk on here. Most people poo poo the stamped frame, but i love my little bike! I've had mine longer than my wife! She loves it when i point that out!

axelcrypt said:
Very nice! What are you running for intake and exhaust? Did you rejet the carbs? I'm working on my Nighthawk now. Is that still the stock tank? I am trying to fit a bobber seat on mine, but it doesn't want to fit right. Gonna have to modify the frame somewhat. What did you make your seat out of? Glad to see another Nighthawk on here. Most people poo poo the stamped frame, but i love my little bike! I've had mine longer than my wife! She loves it when i point that out!

thanks for the support @axelcrypt im running all stock even the jets and open exhaust... for me it all works fine but then again its my first bike and i have no point of comparison because I never rode the bike without pods, yes im still using the stock tank... but eventually will change to a more square type like the cb900... the seat is made out of the original plastic seat pan, witch I cut and its all messed up... as i said in the last post... it is still a work in progress... for now I just want to ride ! ! ! here at home is summer all year long so I can ride every day ! !! !

Back
Top Bottom