www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: First ground up build - Cl175 cafe "restomod"  (Read 6226 times)

Offline skatetheame

First ground up build - Cl175 cafe "restomod"
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2012, 14:52:19 »
I may be wrong but I think the 69 175s were slopers, where as later models the engine fit inside the frame as apposed to being part of it.
Shred or be Dead!!!

Offline Nestorpants

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2012, 16:16:49 »
I may be wrong but I think the 69 175s were slopers, where as later models the engine fit inside the frame as apposed to being part of it.
I learned this lesson the annoying way by buying the wrong fsm. The 68-69 175s were slopers while 69.5-73 are full frame. Mine is the 69.5 version so my engine sits inside the frame.

Offline Nestorpants

« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2012, 14:53:08 »
Finally got around to reading the rattle can bling article and it was super helpful. I primed the swing arm in the garage. Here's the result.

This is the only piece however that I'll be painting in the garage. Today I plan on making a DIY spray booth either out of some PVC or an unsuspecting pergola in my backyard.  48 hour cure periods here I come!

Offline Nestorpants

Re: First ground up build - Cl175 cafe "restomod"
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2013, 20:45:47 »
Hey everyone, apologies for the almost year long delay. Personal stuff came up so I had to put my project on hold. I tinkered with a GT380 that I got for a while and am now back to finishing what I started with the CL. Picking up where I left off. Paint..

photo 1 by Nestorpants, on Flickr

photo 2 by Nestorpants, on Flickr

Offline Nestorpants

Re: First ground up build - Cl175 cafe "restomod"
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2013, 18:06:17 »
Welp. Finished priming and finally got some color on the frame today. This is a pic after about 4 coats and in person it looks like a chocolate bar melted all over it. Just what I was going for.

photo by Nestorpants, on Flickr