JUNE 2012 DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Nominees - if I've messed something up or used the wrong pic / you have a better pic - shoot it to me.

Post up your stories, pics, offers of sexual favors, nudie pics... whatever you think will win you the votes!

I'll have a running vid and new pics up tomorrow, she's had a bit of a facelift since that shot was taken. Great bikes this month, glad to be in the running. PM me for sexual favors if it will help get your vote.

DesmoBro said:
.....all winners.....except VonYinzers chain could use a bit of attention

In his defense, he is terrible at taking pictures of bikes. I'm sure an "up to date" pic will show up.

Hey everyone, Thank you for the nomination. There are some good bikes this month. Let me tell you a little bit about me and the bike.

My name is Chad Goings, I am a 23 year young composite and mechanical engineer student. This bike is my first customer, it started out as a basket case. I started like any builder by brain storming and talking to the customer, so we were on the same page.

I really wanted to modify the frame to flow with the lines of the tank and seat, so I made up my own sub frame support. Another big modification was adding a 1.5" to the tank to make it sit level, doing this I had to make a 1.5" aluminum spacer to the pet cock. One thing the customer was happy about, was I extended and dropped the rear sets to fit his rider triangle better with the clip ons. I love the V-Rod head light after I had a internship with Radical Ducati, so I decided to use it for this bike. It really is a sexy head light, so I made custom headlight ears that attached to a thin aluminum tube that slides over the tubes.

Another thing I love is the 100 LED tail light with integrated turn signals. I saw it on Tron and thought if they could do it then so could I. So I went out and figured out how to do it, it was actually a lot easier than I thought.

From this build I started my own unofficial company called GoingsMoto-Design. I plan on officially starting it within 5 years, but for now I will continue building bikes, going to college and working in the composite world.

Here are some photos showing my work and machine work that I almost kicked out of class, because I spent too much time in the shop.

_MG_6167.jpg

_MG_6169.jpg

_MG_6170.jpg

_MG_6175.jpg

_MG_6179.jpg

_MG_6203.jpg

_MG_6273.jpg

527855_3206448598563_1186590244_32725031_888456918_n.jpg

Looks really stellar, GoingsMoto. Got a link to your build thread? Unfortunately I don't think I followed it.

Links to build threads can be found in the Nominations threads - great set of bikes this month.

Could have happily voted for each of them, for completely different reasons. A quality field of nominees :)

The bike was found in a 17th century crypt near the Carpathian Mountains by a wandering Gypsy assasin in 2010. It was draped in a covering made from the tanned hides of a thousand virgin sacrifices. Placed opon its handlebars was the head of the famed Minotaur. Its eyes still alive. The tank was filled with the blood of a demon named Sagrul, who daonated the life giving fluid believing that the bastard machine was the key to unlocking human kinds demise. The nameless assasin sat opon the machine, and knew its evil was too much for mere mortals to posess. He carted it away in a haunted 12th century carriage once used to haul the corpses of burned witches to the closest cliff overlooking the sea, and pushed it in. He believed that he had rid the world of its dark powers. But alas, it resurfaced last summer. Washed ashore in the Americas, magically no worse for wear. Opon seeing it I knew my destiny lied before me. It was still rife with the stench of the dead when I rode it home. Vote for the XS of DOOM.

I will be getting some better, and updated pics asap. It has been raining here a good bit lately. According to local medicine man, he believes its the gods trying to cleanse the Earth of the dark power the XS posseses. The bike is amused by the futile efforts of the Gods. It laughs at there attempts and will take pity opon them when its ready to take its rightful place on the throne at the head of Valhallas table. There deaths will be quick, and mostly painless.

All quality builds again this month!

I've gone Milehigh's coz I love it, and because Millenium Falcon's 400 isn't quite complete yet... otherwise it would've been one tough decision!

here are the updated pics...and a running vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XVlTLE5Bc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 301
who to choose, i like all these bikes.. idk about that little dirt bike tough.. Good luck fellas

VonYinzer said:
The bike was found in a 17th century crypt near the Carpathian Mountains by a wandering Gypsy assasin in 2010. It was draped in a covering made from the tanned hides of a thousand virgin sacrifices. Placed opon its handlebars was the head of the famed Minotaur. Its eyes still alive. The tank was filled with the blood of a demon named Sagrul, who daonated the life giving fluid believing that the bastard machine was the key to unlocking human kinds demise. The nameless assasin sat opon the machine, and knew its evil was too much for mere mortals to posess. He carted it away in a haunted 12th century carriage once used to haul the corpses of burned witches to the closest cliff overlooking the sea, and pushed it in. He believed that he had rid the world of its dark powers. But alas, it resurfaced last summer. Washed ashore in the Americas, magically no worse for wear. Opon seeing it I knew my destiny lied before me. It was still rife with the stench of the dead when I rode it home. Vote for the XS of DOOM.
I might have to vote for this bike just because of that description!!! Love it!

Back
Top Bottom