Hello DTT! I am new here so you're going to have to bear with me. I just picked up a 1969 TS250 with 18,000 miles on it an I'm planning on turning it into a brat tracker of sorts. The previous owner said the bike is not running (kick starter isn't working) and it is hotwired....so I have a little bit of work cut out for me. Another thing I noticed is that there appears to be an oil leak around the base gasket, so I think I'm going to order a gasket set and replace the gaskets when I drop the engine to look at the kick starter.
So far I'm planning on the following:
1. Brat seat
2. Gut expansion chamber, re-weld, and re-jet
3. Possible 12V conversion
4. Front end swap to something with a disk (Most likely next summer)
5. New rear shocks
This is my first bike and build, but I have some fabrication and welding experience, so any and all input is welcome! Especially with the electrical...
So far I'm planning on the following:
1. Brat seat
2. Gut expansion chamber, re-weld, and re-jet
3. Possible 12V conversion
4. Front end swap to something with a disk (Most likely next summer)
5. New rear shocks
This is my first bike and build, but I have some fabrication and welding experience, so any and all input is welcome! Especially with the electrical...