dleekent
New Member
Let me introduce my project:
I have a 1980 Suzuki GN400 bike that my father owned and gave to me 6 years ago. Before I owned it, my father didn't take the best care of her. Not that he trashed the bike, there's just some rust collected on the frame and various chrome parts. We also had to piece the wiring harness back together because some mice chewed it apart. It's never been too reliable. I always had a hard time starting it and it would even die on me sometimes while riding, thus the nickname "Suzi-Q" (Suzi for Suzuki, and Q for questionable). I decided it was time to start this project. I'm no gearhead and this is my first project, so I've been enlisting the help of some friends to make sure that I don't royally screw something up. My goal is to have this bike up and running by the end of summer. My wife would also appreciate it if I don't spend a ton of money. Suzi-Q before I did anything:
I have a 1980 Suzuki GN400 bike that my father owned and gave to me 6 years ago. Before I owned it, my father didn't take the best care of her. Not that he trashed the bike, there's just some rust collected on the frame and various chrome parts. We also had to piece the wiring harness back together because some mice chewed it apart. It's never been too reliable. I always had a hard time starting it and it would even die on me sometimes while riding, thus the nickname "Suzi-Q" (Suzi for Suzuki, and Q for questionable). I decided it was time to start this project. I'm no gearhead and this is my first project, so I've been enlisting the help of some friends to make sure that I don't royally screw something up. My goal is to have this bike up and running by the end of summer. My wife would also appreciate it if I don't spend a ton of money. Suzi-Q before I did anything:





