Hi Everyone,
I've recently started a tracker project and thought I might share my progress on here with everyone. It will be my first bike/build.
It started with an Ag100 which I picked up off eBay for $150. When I got it home I was fairly optimistic of it's condition - However this optimism quickly disappeared. Parts for the Ag are fairly scarce. The piston was disintegrated and the bore was in poor condition so the engine was scrapped.
I have since picked up a much better Dt125 Engine and with new engine mounts to one side of the frame it should fit fairly snugly.
So far, I have replaced the forks with some from a YZ80J, and have put a MX80 tank on the top as well.
The fiberglass seat is an XR750 fibreglass replica and will need to be cut and narrowed slightly to better suit.
This weekend had some good progress on the bike as the frame come back from sandblasting and has shown up quite a bit of pitting and erosion from corrosion in some areas which will have to be looked at. A lot of unnecessary items were cut out from the frame including some of the mounts. I will post some pics tomorrow.
I've attached a pic of the bike when I first got it along with some shots of the bike now.
Cheers,
Sam
I've recently started a tracker project and thought I might share my progress on here with everyone. It will be my first bike/build.
It started with an Ag100 which I picked up off eBay for $150. When I got it home I was fairly optimistic of it's condition - However this optimism quickly disappeared. Parts for the Ag are fairly scarce. The piston was disintegrated and the bore was in poor condition so the engine was scrapped.
I have since picked up a much better Dt125 Engine and with new engine mounts to one side of the frame it should fit fairly snugly.
So far, I have replaced the forks with some from a YZ80J, and have put a MX80 tank on the top as well.
The fiberglass seat is an XR750 fibreglass replica and will need to be cut and narrowed slightly to better suit.
This weekend had some good progress on the bike as the frame come back from sandblasting and has shown up quite a bit of pitting and erosion from corrosion in some areas which will have to be looked at. A lot of unnecessary items were cut out from the frame including some of the mounts. I will post some pics tomorrow.
I've attached a pic of the bike when I first got it along with some shots of the bike now.
Cheers,
Sam