360/350 front brake alternatives

dudedude

New Member
anyone know of a bolt on alternative for a 360 front brake setup?
I know that certain year cb 450 and 550's work but it's hard to find any thing that is in good shape.
 
Hmmm.. sorry dude..
I dont know anything off the top of my head.
Are you looking for Front disk?

Post a pic of what you have now, along with the close up of the caliper mount arm...
Its possible that a cb550 front caliper might fit..
 
here are some pics of my 360 front end

2007-09-13at15-34-56.jpg

2007-09-13at15-34-43.jpg

2007-09-13at15-34-31.jpg
 
Hello I have a CB360 forks on my 350 and I am using drum brakes, however my wheel is not centered. Is your wheel centered?

IMG00173.jpg
 
machine new spacers to centre your wheel,dudedude your stuck with the stock set up,cb 350g,350f, 360, 400 all use the 4 bolt brake rotor,the trick set up is to use a cb 750 fork and the LARGE diameter disc(5 bolt)..but now you'll have to lace the hub to an 18" rim.......an alternative is to double disc(4 bolt) the stock hub and use a cb 750 super sport(77-78) fork assembly........this is a CRIMINAL set up racing a sohc four!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,two finger braking!!!!..........
 
buzz286 said:
machine new spacers to centre your wheel,dudedude your stuck with the stock set up,cb 350g,350f, 360, 400 all use the 4 bolt brake rotor,the trick set up is to use a cb 750 fork and the LARGE diameter disc(5 bolt)..but now you'll have to lace the hub to an 18" rim.......an alternative is to double disc(4 bolt) the stock hub and use a cb 750 super sport(77-78) fork assembly........this is a CRIMINAL set up racing a sohc four!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,two finger braking!!!!..........

750 fork legs are larger though, would you use 750 trees too?
 
I remember running CB750 forks & triple tree on my 72 350(with a T500 Suzuki drum) and had to machine up a new steering stem to fit the 350. I seem to remember the 350 steering column being longer than the 750 and 450- now that I think about it may have been the 450 triple tree that I used. Eventually I switched to a CB750 hub,Yamaha brake caliper with an RD400 rotor (larger diameter than hondas) with spacer to get proper hub offset and RZ350 forks. I never liked the old honda brakes - you couldn't do stoppies with them:(
 
i have recently seen a cb350 with 750 fork and trees, the guy actually had to use spacers because the stem from the 750 was too long. if that won't work, the cb stems are machine pressed into the tree. i would look into having a shop push out the old and put in a new one that fit.
 
Back
Top Bottom