'69 CL350 Tire Size and Type Help Needed

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
Hi All:

So the SWMBO released some funds for new tires. The ones I have now are at least 20 years old and I do not feel comfortable riding at speeds. Plus, I think that have some hard spots from sitting in a warehouse all those years, which manifests as strong vibration at speeds.

The bike is a 69 CL350 running stock wheels. I’m looking for some sticky tires that will fit these rims. First, what diameter and width are these stock wheels? Second, what size/type to you all suggest. From what I’ve read, I need 90’s in the front and 100’s in the read, but again, in what diameter? I probably won’t be hanging the knee out too much, but would like tires that support such hooligan antics—should I be so inclined.

Finally, is changing the tire something I can do? Should I buy a new tube at the same time? Any help is appreciated…

--Thanks, Chris
 
Lets see..20 yr old tires,,,and I want to reuse 20 yr old tubes,as borat would say,,,NOT! your old tires probably have the old imperial sizes on them,,,3.50/18 front 4.00/18 rear,,,metric sizes would be 90/90 18" front,100/90 18" rear...tire choice,there all good,,avoid chin shit,(ching)and other off shore garbage!!
 
I've been looking at Avon Roadriders - lots and lots of good comments on them and they seem to be reasonably priced and available in a good range of styles.
 
Metzeller comp K's(ME series) worked really well for me when I raced a CB 350 twin. Helped me win races in the dry and the wet (close to 50hp at the rear wheel helped too ;D).

They may be on the pricey side but they are a solid tire choice.
 
Back
Top Bottom