Funhog said:Really like what you did with this bike!
I picked up a CM400T for a case of beer and I would love to be able to do something like you did. I'm only about an hour away as well up near Salmon Arm. Would love to connect and ask you a few questions some day...
flyswat2006 said:If you know Lithium batteries then you know A123 makes the best. Below is what I ordered. It was overkill for my Cb200 and is just enough for my CM400. Unfortunately it tooks 2 mounths to arrive. You could also just order the cells from somewhere closer and make one yourself.
http://www.a123rc.com/goods-130-Motorcycle+Starter+Battery+LiFePO4+A123+ANR26650M1A+12V+23AH+4S1P.html
Yup, its electric stArt, the battery worked fine all season. I am planning to upgrade the rectifier just for assurance (along with a programmable ignition).DoTheTodd said:I'm considering using the same battery for my CM450. Your CM400 is electric start only too, right? How is the battery holding up? Did you need to upgrade to a new rectifier and other electrical components to run this battery?
Thanks! Really clean looking bike.
DoTheTodd said:So you haven't upgraded anything aside from the battery at this point? I'm just trying to plan out what I need to order.
tsbigdog said:Hey great job on the bike. I have a the same setup with dual emgo shorties on my CM400 and I've tried several different things to quiet them down. Nothing seems to work well. I did find a company that makes tuneable mechanical baffles for these. I haven't gotten them yet, but I may have to this spring. I am running out of ear plugs. If you decide to purchase them please let us know if they work for you.
http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categories/exhaust/baffles/80-84039-muffler-insert-xs-by-emgo.html
flyswat2006 said:I've been ill so progress has been slow.
Here is a closer look at how the hoop got attached to the frame.
![]()
Picked up this tube notcher. Definitely worth it.
![]()
Lower arms tacked.
![]()
After plenty of massaging we managed to fit some DCC frame slugs.
![]()
Mikuni VM32 pre jetted from Dime City Cycle.thenickhimself said: