Anybody ever tried these?

I agree they look a little thin... but I ordered a pair, so we'll see what we get! I'll report back when they arrive.
 
Im new here so I'll tread lightly. Maybe we should consider buying parts from our own countries, wherever you may live, supporting our own economies and aftermarket part suppliers. In the U.S. many of the parts made here or sold here are surely more expensive than what you may find coming from China, Thailand, etc. I know money is tight for many of us and it is very tempting to go the budget route but if you think of whats better for your local motorcycle industry and local economy over whats just better for our pocket books from time to time, the industry as a whole would be much better off. Over the past 5 years or so I have seen many shops close and many people lose their jobs because the local business ($$$) is just not there anymore. Many of the shops have picked it up and made sales available over the internet, which is good, but they still need your business. Where I can help it, I buy products from my home country. In the interest of full disclosure, I used to work for Mikuni American Corp. in Southern California which although is a Japanese owned company, supplies carburetors and many other parts to primarily American motorcycle builders, distributors and shops. and also employs about 30-35 people after a reduction in staff of about 1/2. The list of reasons why the motorcycle industry has taken big hits in sales is numerous and could fill ten books, but I do know from personal experience working within the industry that losing business to the cheaper "knock off" companies beyond our shores has really hurt. Like I said, I know money is tight, but maybe it's at least worth another thought before you buy your parts internationally. Phil Bast
 
Tread lightly? Give me a F'n break. I just spent $226.18 for new rubber at the local shop...

Ride a Harley if it means that much to you.
 
Think of all the guys at UPS that make $$ from handling those rear sets.....

But seriously, if they fit but are on the thin side you can replace whatever part individually. Gets you a decent starting point......
 
me and some friends pondered these one time but mainly were to impatient to wait for international shipping. hope it works out and if so thats a great deal. i dont mind supporting this corrupt country but while some guy here was trying to work on his retirement plan, the kid that made these just wanted a full bowl of rice. cant a kid get some RICE! ;)
 
"DK - I'd like to put my name in for a pair. Is this where you'd like me to list it, or should I send you a PM?
Thanks for making the effort and putting out the quality work!"


Nice to see that you changed your mind...or were you just playing that guy out. Anyway, good luck with your CB Hyosung. By the way, the fcuk does buying a Harley got to do with anything? Half the isht on those are Japanese as it happens. All the best ;) Phil
 
are you stalking his post now? dude really? what if dk was from ireland. would supporting a fellow dtt member with his "overseas" goods be wrong then cause its not from thumb up our ass america. go join a fox news forum or chill out and talk bikes.
 
I've got 2 projects going: 1 GS750 and 1 CB350. If DK were making sweet rearsets that bolted on to the GS, I'd be all over it. But as far as I have found there are none. Instead I've chosen to spend my money on tires, chain & drive train, bars and tuning. Can you make me some bitchin' rearsets? I'd probably buy them, but for now I'm gonna help the kid eat a bowl of rice.
 
CBdublin said:
are you stalking his post now? dude really? what if dk was from ireland. would supporting a fellow dtt member with his "overseas" goods be wrong then cause its not from thumb up our ass america. go join a fox news forum or chill out and talk bikes.


First of all retard, if you managed to get all the way through my first post, which I am skeptical that you actually have the intellect to have done, you would see that the post although primarily referring to the U.S. since the majority of the board actually live here, would have read that it would be a good idea if everyone try just a bit harder to support their own economy...if possible...whatever country they may happen to live in. I did not intend the post to be some flag waving, neo nationalistic, O'Riley stroke session propaganda piece. Since in I do my homework before I post, it appears "DK" happens from Michigan. But even if he were from Ireland, I would and do absolutely support a fellow DTT member supporting another, this is good. But thats not we're talking about...no we're talking about buying wholesale, knockoff junk out of some $3 a day factory through Ebay because you and/or 750 have no problem supporting 5 cents an hour wages, crap working conditions, communistic/quazi fascist governments, while putting the 1st world West (including Ireland) out of business. Anyway, this post is a bit overcooked and I am sorry it has turned to this. If you two didn't have the sensitivities of a couple of teenage girls, I wouldn't have had to respond at all. So that said, 750 & CBD I do apologize for the initial post in the first place. You all buy your parts where you like, and I'll do the same. Now then, back to class. You are excused.
 
since this isnt my thread i'll just leave this alone. he really got me ;) anywho again, hope they work out. As for kris's 350 sets he sells, i have a set on my 350 now and love them. great quality AND its an entire setup which no one even online can compete with. thats because he is a real business man who sells at a fair price since materials themselves cost next to nothing.
 
Wow, I was just gettting my POP CORN ready as I read this and you guys just stopped arguing. LOL

Kris does sell pretty trick rearsets, I have a set on my XS650, and another member whom I had the pleasure of meeting has a set on his CB550
 
I think if you want to support American Industry, you should find some way to make the greedy bastards who do nothing but take dividends bring it back from overseas.
How many 'American' (sic) companies now have 'offshore' branches?
HD is around 52% 'American' when it was 47% the stickers said 'Assembled in USA' instead of 'Made in USA'
How many times has Gupta Singh or similar told you "Hello, my name is Gary Cooper, how can I help you" (or whatever)
If the people at the top bail to get stuff cheap, why shouldn't we do the same, after all, I won't make a million before I retire, someone who makes a million before breakfast could do far more than I (plus, I'm a British citizen 8) )
 
Burp. My Irish whiskey is distilled,aged and bottled in Ireland.When it is distilled,aged and made in the US of A, I will buy American "Irish" whiskey. Until then Erin go braugh.bj
 
Cheap rearsets arrived yesterday - 14 day shipping from Thailand. Not bad. They look, well, like cheap rearsets... the finish quality isn't great, they feel VERY light, but the design is good. I'll post some pics soon.
 
I would like to see how did you mount them on your gs 750 beacause I have the same bike and did not found yet a kit of rear set that would fit
 
Back
Top Bottom