Canuck Plumber
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
So, I've dusted off the tools, started polishing the bike and making a few repairs to a bike that has sat in my shed for far too long. My Dad has come up with the idea of a few of us (eight in total) heading down to Speed week in August for the most part on bikes. I'll be bringing the Double Shot down on a trailer as having a 250 lbs man ride a 450cc Cafe for three days to get there and three days back is what most guys over the age of 40 would call "a bad idea". The bike would make it, I on the other hand...not so much. We will be staying in Wells as there are no hotel rooms available during speed week in Wendover, which I'm told is where most people stay.
I would like to ask other DTT'ers if they would like to join us down there for speed week, as apart from the honourable Loco Leon, I've never met anyone from this fine bunch of greasy bastards. I would also ask, if any among you have been to Bonneville during the trials, do you have any advice on the trip or the time spent there? Any comments would be mostly appreciated. I would like to ride the bike on hallowed ground, although once again, a 250 lbs man on a 450cc bike isn't going to be breaking any records.
It's going to be wild and I'm wearing my DTT patches.
Jaeson
I would like to ask other DTT'ers if they would like to join us down there for speed week, as apart from the honourable Loco Leon, I've never met anyone from this fine bunch of greasy bastards. I would also ask, if any among you have been to Bonneville during the trials, do you have any advice on the trip or the time spent there? Any comments would be mostly appreciated. I would like to ride the bike on hallowed ground, although once again, a 250 lbs man on a 450cc bike isn't going to be breaking any records.
It's going to be wild and I'm wearing my DTT patches.
Jaeson