Brake swap

Brown Bomber

Active Member
I'm planning on swapping the front wheel on my CB500T for one from a CL450, I know it seems like a step backwards, but the wimpy disk brake is disappointing at best, and a twin leading shoe set up proper is not only better, it will look right, so I need to figure out the brake light switch, and lever mount. anyone have any input?
Allen
 
Is the switch a pressure switch? You'll prob be best off swapping it with a lever mounted switch if you don't already have one. Can you not take the hand controls off of the 450 also?
 
It is a pressure switch on the 500T, and I don't have the controls from the 450, however, Just got news yesterday, the guy selling me the wheel with the TLS is throwing in the cable, that incorporates the brake light switch, and I've contacted a guy who has a lever and perch assembly from a CL450. If these parts are correct, this should all come together without too much fuss. If so, I'll have more time for polishing the hell out of the hub, and a few other bits as well.

More shiny stuff, I like it ;D
 
Back
Top Bottom