Carb Advice

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
I took my carbs in to get rebuilt (it was supposed to be cheap) and found out they are lunched. So I need to buy some used ones, get them rebuilt, then put some cone filters on them. This is fine, until I break down the cost:

Buy: $50 if I'm lucky on eBay AND they are rebuildable
Rebuild: $80 or tackle myself--which I hate doing
Cone filters $50 or so from K&N?

So thats $180 and it sucks.

There are also some 32mm Mikuni's on eBay--brand new, w/ twist throttle and cone filters. That means I can sell my fancy carb rebuild kit! Anyway, they are $300. Is it worth it? If so, I'll bite the bullet, but I admit that I might be tempted by the fact that I won't have to f_ck with the things.

--Thanks, Chris
PS. I double posted on SOCH/4 forum.
 
chrisf said:
I took my carbs in to get rebuilt (it was supposed to be cheap) and found out they are lunched. So I need to buy some used ones, get them rebuilt, then put some cone filters on them. This is fine, until I break down the cost:

Buy: $50 if I'm lucky on eBay AND they are rebuildable
Rebuild: $80 or tackle myself--which I hate doing
Cone filters $50 or so from K&N?

So thats $180 and it sucks.

There are also some 32mm Mikuni's on eBay--brand new, w/ twist throttle and cone filters. That means I can sell my fancy carb rebuild kit! Anyway, they are $300. Is it worth it? If so, I'll bite the bullet, but I admit that I might be tempted by the fact that I won't have to f_ck with the things.

--Thanks, Chris
PS. I double posted on SOCH/4 forum.

Or alternatively, does anyone have a set of CB350 carbs that are in good condition or are rebuildable?
 
DrJ said:
Yes, I have a good pair that's rebuildable.

Hey DrJ.. Would a set of carbs from a 74 cb360 carbs work on a cb350 & vice versa?
What are the differenced between them?
I have a set of cb360 carbs sitting around that Im gonna clean & rebuild and was wondering if I could use them on a cb350.
 
locOleoN said:
Hey DrJ.. Would a set of carbs from a 74 cb360 carbs work on a cb350 & vice versa?
What are the differenced between them?
I have a set of cb360 carbs sitting around that Im gonna clean & rebuild and was wondering if I could use them on a cb350.

They are not the same carbs but I'm not saying you can't swap them, they're just not direct bolt ons. The 360 carbs are connected and the intakes are on the same plane but the 350 carbs have angled intakes. Don't know if the intake diameters are the same either. It's best and easiest to use 350 carbs on a 350 and likewise with the 360. But I've seen builders use the CB450 carbs on the 350 with good success. The rubber manifolds need to be carved out to fit the bigger intakes.
 
DrJ said:
They are not the same carbs but I'm not saying you can't swap them, they're just not direct bolt ons. The 360 carbs are connected and the intakes are on the same plane but the 350 carbs have angled intakes. Don't know if the intake diameters are the same either. It's best and easiest to use 350 carbs on a 350 and likewise with the 360. But I've seen builders use the CB450 carbs on the 350 with good success. The rubber manifolds need to be carved out to fit the bigger intakes.

Thanks dude!!..
 
Back
Top Bottom