CB350 twin Electric Tachometer

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
Does anyone know of an electric tachometer for a CB350 twin? My mechanical tach cable is hitting my healight, so I can't use it. An electric one would work best, but due to the firing order of a twin, it makes it difficult to find. Any help is appreciated.

--Chris
 
Google Acewell gauges - there's an all-in-one nice looking speedo/tach/idiot lights unit for about $150 that can replace all your gauges, and has an electronic tach.

How is your speedo cable not hitting and the tach cable is? For some reason I thought you were running just the tach. Doing that with a bicycle speedo is an option.
 
Hi TinTin:

I've seen those before and almost used them on my car. Those won't really go with my old school cafe look, though. I'm basically looking for round, analog gauges that pick up their feed from the coils. Surely racers use these. Any ideas?

This is the tach I'm talking about...I'm not running a speedo.

--Thanks, Chris
 
MC disturbuting sells a 3" chrome electric tach for about $ 90.00 cdn,,,,0-15,000 rpm,which will read half the rpm of a cam driven points system
 
Thanks, but I could not find anything on the website. When I was in the Honda dealer, there was a tiny cafe racer. I asked the sales guy about it, and he told me it was not street legal. It was only built in 2004. After that, every sales guy I talked to could not give me the same model name.

Does anyone know what it is? I ask because it was an old twin engine and had a very nice, think electric tach.

--Thanks, Chris
 
MC part #03-0739(electric).....small mechanical tachs as well 0-12000 rpm part #03-0733
 
chrisf said:
Thanks, but I could not find anything on the website. When I was in the Honda dealer, there was a tiny cafe racer. I asked the sales guy about it, and he told me it was not street legal. It was only built in 2004. After that, every sales guy I talked to could not give me the same model name.

Does anyone know what it is? I ask because it was an old twin engine and had a very nice, think electric tach.

--Thanks, Chris

That bike was a 50cc race replica. I don't think it was availbale to the general public in North America. Honda displayed one at the show booths. Maybe called the Dream 50? It wasn't cheap either, over $5000. I sat on it and the thing is tiny and light, too small for my hefty girth.
 
I found out more about them. The are CB50 Dreams. They are available in the US because the dealership is selling both. I checked on the tach and like all Honda bike parts they want way too much: $375. I'm still on the lookout.

What do racer's use?

--Thanks, Chris
 
Chris, check out this website, they have some nice tach's, scroll all the way down.

http://www.teamhansenhonda.com/parts.htm
 
I go the email back from them. For the Smith's setup like they run, I'm looking at $1k! I like it, but not that much. I may have found a way to run my mechanical tach, so that might be the way to go.

--Chris
 
Back
Top Bottom