CB450 K7 Drilled Rotor (Free Template Included)

CCRider

Coast to Coast
Hi All,

I drilled the rotor for my CB450 this afternoon. Made up a template with AutoCad. Printed it out, taped it to the rotor and center punched all the hole locations. Drilled #30 pilot holes then went back through with a 5/16" bit on the drill press. Then used a countersink bit in a hand drill to deburr the holes.

Here's a couple of pix:

DSC00842.jpg


DSC00843.jpg



I'll attach a PDF file of the template if anyone likes the pattern and wants to use it (At your own risk of course!) It's 1/4 of the rotor for printing out on 8.5 X 11" paper so you'll have to print multiples and cut and tape.

CC
 
Herm21 said:
SaWeet!!! Thank you! ...how many bits did you go through?

I was actually surprised at how easily they drilled. I used two cobalt bits (one #30 and one 5/16"), lots of lube and took it nice and slow. The bits were just as sharp on the last hole as they were on the first.

CC
 
bouncer i have a few we can use if you want to drill yours out... we can use my presses if you get the bits? you intersted in that?
hey CC i can not see the template either? will you email that to me if you can?
jknapp@ctuonline.edu
thanks man!
 
JRK5892 said:
bouncer i have a few we can use if you want to drill yours out... we can use my presses if you get the bits? you intersted in that?
hey CC i can not see the template either? will you email that to me if you can?
jknapp@ctuonline.edu
thanks man!

Link to the file is at the bottom left of the picture. I took me a while to find it too. I'll go ahead and send it to your email also.

CC
 
JRK5892 said:
bouncer i have a few we can use if you want to drill yours out... we can use my presses if you get the bits? you intersted in that?
hey CC i can not see the template either? will you email that to me if you can?
jknapp@ctuonline.edu
thanks man!

Hell yea man! Let me know what kind of bits and what sizes and I will scoop them up in the next day or two.
 
Hey JRK, could you drill out my front disc if I could help bouncer with deferring the cost of the bits? Could pay for your service. What do you think bouncer?
LMK
 
Ya man i am sure we can work it out... i have to tools, why not use em! i actually have 2 drill presses, one is a smaller bench style and the other is in my buddies machine shop.. so i ahve access to that whenever i want as well... just need bits! Bouncer when you thinking you want to get down on this sucker?
 
JRK5892 said:
Ya man i am sure we can work it out... i have to tools, why not use em! i actually have 2 drill presses, one is a smaller bench style and the other is in my buddies machine shop.. so i ahve access to that whenever i want as well... just need bits! Bouncer when you thinking you want to get down on this sucker?

Whenever the snow stops man. I just got done snowblowing/shoveling my 2 elderly neighbors driveways and sidewalks and by the time I was done there was another 2 inches on the ground >:( Will this ever end? What kinds of bits and what sizes you thinking and I assume I should prob grab a couple of each. Let me know I will run to the local depot today.
 
everyone i hear says to use "cobalt" drill bits... i think you can get them anywhere, i know the local ace hardware carrys them as well... see if there are any knock offs, who cares what kind of bit, just get the cheapest one that will go though hardened steel (that is going to be the tricky parts) ya i would think we would need several... and a bit of cutting fluid, i think i am out of that or close to being out at least...
the post it looks like he used a 5/16 bit, that is fine by me... if you want to go smaller that is fine as well... i want it done for the look more than anything. if a smaller bit is cheaper, go with that!
 
JRK5892 said:
everyone i hear says to use "cobalt" drill bits... i think you can get them anywhere, i know the local ace hardware carrys them as well... see if there are any knock offs, who cares what kind of bit, just get the cheapest one that will go though hardened steel (that is going to be the tricky parts) ya i would think we would need several... and a bit of cutting fluid, i think i am out of that or close to being out at least...
the post it looks like he used a 5/16 bit, that is fine by me... if you want to go smaller that is fine as well... i want it done for the look more than anything. if a smaller bit is cheaper, go with that!

I dunno if you signed up over here yet or not but here are a few more patterns Joe.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=40059.0
 
Thanks for the pattern - worked great for me and you saved me an hour with a compass.
 
Back
Top Bottom