cb500T stumbling, sputtering, hesitating

Fear My Twin

Chicks hate my bike.
Is it my open pipes and cone filters with the stock jets or something else? Do I just need alittle back pressure?

Thanks guys!
 
Fear My Twin said:
Is it my open pipes and cone filters with the stock jets or something else? Do I just need alittle back pressure?

Thanks guys!
oooh ghastly stock carbs- with vacuum pot diapraghm- plug colour? accel stutter? even stutter? on open throttlw? backfire close?
your carbs need a semipro to overhaul them and dial them in i think BUT frst
check carb mounts to engine for flatmess, put them on coarse sanddpaper on flat surface and sand until they don't rock. use gaskets and goo to assemble, this will give it a fghting chance to suck the gas thru all the little holes you carefully clened, especially the one in the top of the idel brass jet that doesn't look likr it is threre.
 
lol why does everyone hate these stock carbs so much?

Lets see.

Its a even stutter, the plugs look a tad wet, its only on open throttle, never a backfire, and it only happens around 4-6k.

When it does stutter it will randomly clear its throat and try to throw me off with a burst of power. Dos that help?

What kind of sealent should I use on the carb to put it back together? Just some ATV? Should I sand around the female end of the carb that rests in the rubber boot?

Thanks for your help!
 
Back
Top Bottom