Chain

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
Hi all:

When I broke my CL350 down to mock it up cafe-style, I let the chain sit over the winter. Since then, I degreased it in SimpleGreen but when I did so, it rusted up a bit. What do I need to do before putting it back on the bike? Alternatively, do I just need to buy a new one?

Where do I get the link to reattach the chain?

--Thanks, Chris
 
chrisf said:
Hi all:

When I broke my CL350 down to mock it up cafe-style, I let the chain sit over the winter. Since then, I degreased it in SimpleGreen but when I did so, it rusted up a bit. What do I need to do before putting it back on the bike? Alternatively, do I just need to buy a new one?

Where do I get the link to reattach the chain?

--Thanks, Chris

Hey Chrisf, here is some good info on restoring your chain, as for the link I would try the dealer.

http://www.dansmc.com/rearchain.htm
 
Back
Top Bottom