cl-360 re-jet

mysta2

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Went out to High 5 Cycles yesterday to talk about rejetting. It sounds like all I have to mess with is one jet... the high speed jet, and according to the way that he interpreted the microfiche the stock jet is a 100, with my straightpipes and pods I need to jump up to the 130 area. We scrounged around in their bins and found a couple 135s:

re-jet%20003.jpg


I’m not sure which one I’m supposed to replace:
re-jet%20011.jpg


But I pulled the secondary, because it was a 100
re-jet%20006.jpg


We kind of guessed what I had:
re-jet%20010.jpg

And guessed wrong, old jet on the right, new on the left. Obviously it’s the wrong size.

So I’ll be going back to High 5 tonight with my primary and secondary jets in hand to see if I can find some 130s that will fit.

Advice, comment, questions?
 
I don't if your bike is running Keihin Carbs, please check out this website:

http://www.keihin-us.com/list.htm
 
I also found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CB350-CL350-SL350-JET-KIT_W0QQitemZ280145283990QQcmdZViewItem


Keep us informed, I would like to rebuild my carbs to the max too, I was thinking of buying either Mukini or Keihin 32mm carbs, but I would have to change the throttle and I want to keep the OEM.
 
yeah, they're Keihin:

69%20carbs%20002.jpg

(everything is labeled because I did this a long time ago for a friend of mine)

thanks for the links, those ones in the 350 kit look nothing like mine but the chart is perfect.

I went back to High5 and got some new ones:
re-jet%20012.jpg

re-jet%20013.jpg


30% bigger hole, 30% more fuel. Maybe my exhaust wont boil my skin now.
 
Can anyone tell me what thread size and pitch the screws that secure the bowls and cap are. I need to pick up some socket heads but forgot to bring the originals to work with me today.
 
Is the pic of carbs from your bike? If so, what are you going to use to clean them up? I just bought a sandblasting kit, I am thinking of using walnut shells to hit the carbs and engine case. I tried soaking them in carb cleaner but they came out looking the same. Still looking where to get sandblasting material locally here in Chicago.
 
That was the before, this is after:

carbs.jpg


wheels032.jpg


I used a fine media (got it from Grainger) I couldn't tell you what it was composed of. Then painted and cleared them. The float bowls are straight sandblasted and cleared. Clearcoat turns the aluminum dark.
 
Back
Top Bottom