CL125 front brake options

kaizersoza

New Member
Hi All, new here and just picked up a 74 CL125. I'm planning a lite cafe on the bike as it will eventually be given to my wife I'm sure. Are there any options for upgrading the front brakes from drum to disc? I've seen a couple of references here and elsewhere about the possibility of using the entire front end of a Rebel 250 (forks,wheel, caliper, disc, etc). Anyone have any further information?
 
there has been reference towards converting the cb125 mechanical disc brake to fluid.. just never did the research to find out who does it. Would be a good option as the mech brake can be a headache.
 
The mechanical disc isn't as reliable as a good big drum. You can try upgrading to one of the twins (cb175, cl175, etc) dual leading shoe drums. They are 160mm vs the 120mm or so of your drum. They have to stop a bike much heavier than yours. It's twin leading shoes vs the single of yours too.
 
Back
Top Bottom