CL350 exhaust support

Rimmy

Been Around the Block
I am looking for an exhaust support for a CL350. The one which supports the headers, not the mufflers. There are some on eBay, but I refuse to pay Some Asshole $60 for a piece of scrap metal. If I can't find one cheap, I'll just make one myself, but I'd rather have OEM.


For reference, here is Some Asshole selling one for $60 on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Honda-CL350-CL-350-muffler-hanger-bracket-holder-mount-plate-/171448313735?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27eb1da787&vxp=mtr
 
And that's just half of it. You also need one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400417557278?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I made a set for myself using some barstock I had lying around (maybe 3/32"?) for the main piece. I actually took a 1" cross-section of some pipe I had lying around, cut it, bent it and made a piece like what you linked as the pinch bracket.
 
I should've mentioned that I already have the main support. Just need that extra bracket. Which is why I'm even more hesitant to want to spend much on it. With winter closing in and too many projects to work on I'd really like the simplicity of OEM.
 
I was in the market for one a while back and it took a while of looking to find one that was not priced through the roof. I was actually just about to start making one when I found one. Unless you need it right away keep looking.

Here is one with decent looking chrome: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Honda-CL350-CL-CB-350-Twin-H923-exhaust-muffler-pipe-hanger-mount-bracket-/231366085175?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35de7e4a37&vxp=mtr

$15 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-HONDA-HOLDER-B-EXHAUST-PIPE-PT-18396-290-303-FOR-1968-CL350-/181545660841?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a44f6f1a9&vxp=mtr
 
Back
Top Bottom