Custom (Honda) Design Rearseats - 3D Drawing enclosed

haha, now you've done it Narb.

Louie's suggestion would rock. If not the actuator but it could be the heel shield
 
[and the wing moved back so it could be used as the lever that actuates your linkage..?/quote]

Like this?
 

Attachments

  • Cafe Rear Set Wing on linkage.jpg
    Cafe Rear Set Wing on linkage.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 283
Louie's suggestion would rock. If not the actuator but it could be the heel shield

A heel shield would be pretty sweet! Oh man, now you got the creativity wheels turning in my head! So much for studying for my German II test thats at 1 o'clock. :)
 
Don't you find water jet cutting incredible? We have all of our metal cut by waterjet, and the precision never ceases to amaze me.
 
Don't you find water jet cutting incredible?

Yes I do! There is a company near where I live in Upstate NY that does a lot of stainless work (massive silos, machinery for Ocean Spray juice compant, etc) who sent each student in my Welding class a cut out of NY state that was done on the water jet. I want a water jet! ;D
 
Okay, now go spend a few bucks and get a set cut. Raffle them off to someone on this site in exchange for feedback on fit and style. Then with that feedback make corrections, and use that testimonial to help sell some of these suckers. Get your art out on the street and into the hands of your "art lovers". Otherwise this is only mental masturbation.
 
Okay, now go spend a few bucks and get a set cut. Raffle them off to someone on this site in exchange for feedback on fit and style. Then with that feedback make corrections, and use that testimonial to help sell some of these suckers. Get your art out on the street and into the hands of your "art lovers". Otherwise this is only mental masturbation.

I'm gettin the impression that a lot of people on this site have posted radical ideas that are just that; "ideas". I havent produced a product yet because im away at college 240 miles from my home in which the motorcycle I am fittting these for sits in my shed. Therefore, I cannot access the bike for dimensions to finalize the design. BUT, I thought I would take advantage of my free trial version of SolidWorks and get a head start. Depending on the waterjet situation I may produce a few extras but I havent decided for sure.
 
Narb1989 said:
Depending on the waterjet situation I may produce a few extras but I havent decided for sure.

You’re right. Lots of ideas come and go and never see the light of day let alone a spin down the road on a real motorcycle. This thread is just another of the many design exercises that promise to solve some supply need with sophisticated software solutions, but when the cutters meet the metal everything grinds to a halt.

The big cost in waterjet cutting is in the design stage. Once the programming is complete, running copies is cheap, so producing extras is in everyone’s best interest.
 
It's way to better to get multiple done at once. Setup cost every time you run one or two is a bitch. Plus the more that's on the deck the cheaper per piece it becomes.

If there was enough interest and the cost per piece was affordable, I'm sure people would get on board. There's 10000 members now. Some would buy a set.
 
[If there was enough interest and the cost per piece was affordable, I'm sure people would get on board. There's 10000 members now. Some would buy a set/quote]

We'll see what happens. I have to prove to the world that I will get this project done first haha. It seems there is a lot of doubt so I must prove myself now. YES!! A challenge! :)

I have attached one of my last projects for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • Triumph resize.jpg
    Triumph resize.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 276
Those british license plate brackets are the bomb!! A place to check to have some made might be "O'brien truckers" We had some cast aluminum plates made up with the bonneville car on it. I think they get progressively cheaper with quantity.
Kev
 
Thanks Stick70. They are for my dads 68' Triumph TR6C and his 68' BSA Lightnight. Cast Alunimum eh? I tried to sand cast one of these plates from a rapid prototype but the model I made didnt have enough draft angle so the sand was not releasing properly and ultimately didnt work.
 
Back
Top Bottom