Cycle World gone tits up!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cafeole
  • Start date Start date
C

cafeole

Guest
Hope no one had their bike there or parts on order.....now what do we do?....they were the best for retro Honda parts around here...I think.
 
butterflymethane said:
what do you mean they've gone tits up??? which one, east, west both?

WEST store. rumors has been brewing since last summer. Maybe they will after the summer I've heard.
 
Is it the dealership or just the Honda portion. I know for a fact that Honda is at the root of this. They want to have all products under one roof ..i.e cars, bikes, power products etc. Hadleys in Belleville has been a Honda dealer for 38 years and received the letter last week that they are no longer a Honda dealer effective the end of July.

Looks like you will have to purchase anything Honda from their car dealers >:(
 
XS650RR said:
Is it the dealership or just the Honda portion. I know for a fact that Honda is at the root of this. They want to have all products under one roof ..i.e cars, bikes, power products etc. Hadleys in Belleville has been a Honda dealer for 38 years and received the letter last week that they are no longer a Honda dealer effective the end of July.

Looks like you will have to purchase anything Honda from their car dealers >:(
ya this been in works for while honda released a press release few months ago about this, they are mearly follwing suzuki's lead where they are merging bike and car dealers.
 
Too bad. Now the vultures can swarm the place. I'll be first in line for any 75% off deals like McBrides had. I suppose the stock will head out East.

Glad I only order parts from BMW and Yamaha. Snow City Cycle has a bunch of parts on order for me.

I actually lost an order now that I think of it from McBrides. Don't think it amounted to much though luckily.
 
I heard yesterday that the liquidation will be held in the west store maybe in a few weeks, they are moving all the inventory to the west.
 
Well they are loading up tractor trailer loads at the west store as we speak. Fini....Kaput.
 
tits are plural, both stores are cloing... sad... was there yesterday morning and staff where outside and doors were locked. but a little birdie told me to keep an eye out starting next wednesday for inventory clear out. the bikes that belong to the dealers will go back to them, whatever CWW owns will be sold cheap, so i'm told... people have lost their jobs and only a few are stayin on to help with the closing. more than the store closing, let's hope their employees can find work soon. they are not taking any calls so don't bother. whatever you bought from parts that you already paid for will turn into store credit. luckily i just paid for 2 decals for 17 bucks! hmm, soon a new lid i may need
 
oh yeah, one more thing, i will hopefully be posting one of the employees bikes for sale, forgot the year, (maybe 74?) but it's a MINTASTIC CB 500, green, 4 into 4 exhaust, bone stock all original except for CB400 bars i believe. he can obviously use the bucks, bike must go... i've seen it and it's beautifull!
 
kzromey said:
oh yeah, one more thing, i will hopefully be posting one of the employees bikes for sale, forgot the year, (maybe 74?) but it's a MINTASTIC CB 500, green, 4 into 4 exhaust, bone stock all original except for CB400 bars i believe. he can obviously use the bucks, bike must go... i've seen it and it's beautifull!

Yeah that's Rob's bike. I just spoke to him about it on Saturday but didn't get his contact info. I have photos of it somewhere, it's the best original condition 71 CB500 I've ever seen. He put new stock pipes on it, $800 alone. But it's too nice to cafe it, should be left stock.
 
the word on the street is that it will be open to the public on the 9th....
That being said, if you have a "special invite" or a "VIP pass" or if ur connected, you can unofficially go on the 7th.... teeeheeheee..

I"ll let you guys know on the 7th if its worth going!! ;D
 
locOleoN said:
the word on the street is that it will be open to the public on the 9th....
That being said, if you have a "special invite" or a "VIP pass" or if ur connected, you can unofficially go on the 7th.... teeeheeheee..

I"ll let you guys know on the 7th if its worth going!! ;D
can you bring guest? can you bring 30 people:D
 
pyro139 said:
can you bring guest? can you bring 30 people:D

Sure I can bring some guests...but you have to be a hot chick in a bikini!!..LOL!!! ;D
 
locOleoN said:
Sure I can bring some guests...but you have to me a hot chick in a bikini!!..LOL!!! ;D
i meant my scooter group, so can get carolyn, but you ask her to wear a bikini, i'll take pictures of her kicking your ass :D
 
Back
Top Bottom