engine size

gdimaggio23

New Member
So i had trouble getting my right cylinder to fire and found that i have a hole in my right piston. I figured it would be better and cheaper to replace the engine rather than the piston. I was wondering what size engines fit into a 1972 cb350. Does it have to be a 350 engine or will a 360 engine fit and does the engine have to be from the same year?
 
The 350 / 360 engines don't interchange without extensive frame mods from what I've read.


The engines are the same for each bike throughout the years.
 
The problem with buying a 40 yr old engine is your buying 40yr old engine.
Unlike automotive world (200.000,000 Chevy engines) with motorcycle it's almost always cheaper to repair what you have. Unless you can test ride bike the engine is coming out of you could have more problems (but at least you have a bunch of spare parts ;D )
 
Back
Top Bottom