Give me some ideas please

Bouncer

Active Member
I am trying to figure out what I want to do rearset wise with my bike.

Here is my conundrum:

I want to have rearsets on my bike but don't know what the best way of doing this is. I have read through a number of threads and seems it would be easier on alot of the other bikes but seems like a pain on my 78 CB750F.

I attached a pic so you can see the pain I am talking about. I would like to figure out if I am going to need the 2 mounting tabs on the frame rail 1) holds the master cylinder and 2) holds a splitter between the master cylinder and brake line that goes to the rear brake.

If anyone has ANY input or pictures of their own setup for their 78F bike please share. I really want to be rid of the nasty looking brackets on each side of the bike. They are gawdy looking in my opinion. Not Cafe-ish at all. They look OK blacked out but are still to bulky looking for what I want.

Here are a few pics so you get an idea:

My Bike: (Big gawdy bracket is silver)

CB025.jpg


Close up of another bike (Big gawdy bracket blacked out)

site1061.jpg


2 Tabs: (far right)

CB050.jpg
 
Bouncer,

I've got a "76 CB750F that I want to put rearsets on as well. I'm working on a K model right now but I'll take a look at my F and see what might make sense.

Scott
 
This is the Omars setup.. Looks like they bolt on over the big ugly plates.

FH21.JPG


Anything with an integrated Master would let you eliminate the whole plate I would think..

Honda CBR 600/900/954/1000) rear sets would work I think and they go cheep on Ebay.
 
sschering said:
This is the Omars setup.. Looks like they bolt on over the big ugly plates.

FH21.JPG


Anything with an integrated Master would let you eliminate the whole plate I would think..

Honda CBR 600/900/954/1000) rear sets would work I think and they go cheep on Ebay.

Yea, I have seen those and frankly I am not impressed. I am thinking, I am either gonna get the tarozzi universal set or go with a newer bike set up. The biggest thing I am going have to do is have someone fab a tab or 2 on to the frame.
 
JRK5892 said:
a set of GSXR rear sets with resivor should work just fine

Hey Joe, just picked these babys up off of a RC51 bike for $115 with shipping off of ebay, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160304486546&ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/160304486546_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1


9da9_1.jpg
 
not bad man! should work just fine! I SPENT 2 hours trying to fix the ones i got... i may just buy new!
 
JRK5892 said:
not bad man! should work just fine! I SPENT 2 hours trying to fix the ones i got... i may just buy new!

What happened to the ones you have? What bike are they off of?
 
GSXR... a buddy tried to use his stock bike as a track bike... learned real fast that you ned to adjust your rear sets to make those turns... wrecked... i got his old rear sets... plan is to straiten them out and powder... but they are pretty bad...
 
JRK5892 said:
GSXR... a buddy tried to use his stock bike as a track bike... learned real fast that you ned to adjust your rear sets to make those turns... wrecked... i got his old rear sets... plan is to straiten them out and powder... but they are pretty bad...

Yea upon receiving them I noticed that someone took a turn a bit low on the brake side and noticed that the lever is bent and road-rashed, which he "forgot" to mention in his description >:(. I spent a good penny on them expecting they were in decent shape. This was my first ebay purchase and I am hoping the p.o. makes it right. I shot him a message that I will be contacting ebay and paypal if he doesn't. I was so excited to get these things mounted how I want them, and now I am taking a step backwards...... F$%k! This is keeping me from powdering my frame and I am not happy. On top of all that I found that my front rim took a pothole. So now I am looking for a new one.

Anyone know a good supplier for spacers for these new style rearsets?
 
Back
Top Bottom