Rodders
Been Around the Block
I thought I was doing the Cafe Racer thing but now I think it is going more StreetFighter looking.
Either way I like the look.
I picked this '82 650 Katana up a few weeks ago.
Wasn't quite sure what to do with it or how and the end result just sort of happened.
First up was a set of Loaded Dog/ Dime City rearsets.
I had no idea what to do with the seat and rear end and whilst mucking about I thought it looked pretty good with just the seat on it and without the very 80's looking rear light set up.
So,,,,,,,,, measure 5 times, triple check those measurements and mark where I want to cut.
Check that again and cut away.
Make the new rear frame to fit under inside the seat, bend, weld, modify and weld on original seat catches, paint etc etc.
Attach new rear LED lights and blinkers and job done. Easy :lol:
Just some tidy up work to do. I also need to attach an aluminium plate under the frame to hide and protect the wiring.
Next up is new suspension, strip and paint everything and maybe give the engine a bit more go.
Either way I like the look.
I picked this '82 650 Katana up a few weeks ago.
Wasn't quite sure what to do with it or how and the end result just sort of happened.
First up was a set of Loaded Dog/ Dime City rearsets.
I had no idea what to do with the seat and rear end and whilst mucking about I thought it looked pretty good with just the seat on it and without the very 80's looking rear light set up.
So,,,,,,,,, measure 5 times, triple check those measurements and mark where I want to cut.
Check that again and cut away.
Make the new rear frame to fit under inside the seat, bend, weld, modify and weld on original seat catches, paint etc etc.
Attach new rear LED lights and blinkers and job done. Easy :lol:
Just some tidy up work to do. I also need to attach an aluminium plate under the frame to hide and protect the wiring.
Next up is new suspension, strip and paint everything and maybe give the engine a bit more go.