Guess what I'm making?

I totally would buy a set! I have a 81 KZ 650. Need better options here. :D Send me an email: ggilbert1575@gmail.com with more details. Thanks.

bmk21 said:
I work in a sign shop that has a CNC router. It's 1/4" alum not 3/8".

The rear sets are in a rough "just cut" stage. I was thinking to sell in this sort of rough stage but would include the toe peg and the bolts. The foot peg I would have to source out, but the ID of the bearing is 3/8", meaning that you could use BMX foot pegs. ;) The BMX foot pegs are about $10-$40 per set. I could do the foot pegs(and maybe I should) but I thought about keeping the cost down.

I think I could do these for about $75, without the foot peg.

Do you think that would sell?
 
rearset-1.jpg

So how does this look?

Left to do: make little grip plates with "Do the Ton" CNC'd for the top of the foot pegs. That would be the final thing to do. At that final point we would now have "Do the Ton Reasets."

Someone please link this to the "lets make do the ton rearset section", I'm on dialup so it's a pain in the azz!

Please tell me what you guys think!!!


Bruno
 
Those look quite nice, and I may be interested in a set. I am in the midst of putting together a XS650 Cafe that those would work well with.

I'm in Newmarket if that means anything
 
if your still looking for some one to mount these up, ill be your huckleberry. im in need of some rear sets and have a cb350 looks like this right now,

2-1exhaustinstall.jpg


all id need to come up with is something to hook up the rear brake linkage... and it should be easy as i just got a job at the local motorcycle junkyard....
 
I'd be interest in something like this as well. I need something very universal since there are very few right side shift sets out there that aren't $300 bucks and up. Plus I want to use my own foot pegs and toe pegs. I've been playing with the idea of using polished brass handles from faucets. let me know when you are ready to sell some sets.
 
I'm almost done prototyping guys. My biggest problem is trying to keep the price down. My current design(no photos yet) look similar to the pictures I've shown before but I'm using a brass bearing instead of the roller bearing. not for the cost but when a bolt is 3/8" it's smaller than that floats/moves around over the smaller bolt. Now I'm using 3/4" brass bearing with 3/4" alum. rod through it. no wiggle and the same as what most people do for a bearing. Keeping the cost down is so important to me too, because of this, I'm using only common parts like washers and bolts.

I'm also changing from 3/8 bolt to 7/16". Doesn't sound like much but it's a lot stronger

also I didn't like the square pegs, to costly. I'm going to use 3/4" round alum. with maybe tek screws in it for grip.( I tested it and it works great!) Maybe an option for just grip tape, like on skate boards. What do you guys think of that?


Final cost is still at $75.00, it will include the foot pegs, toe pegs, levers, adjustable levels, bearing, bolts and washers to mount to your mounting plate. no rods and things. Raw alum.
 
Back
Top Bottom