Is anybody getting the Iphone?

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
Just wondering if anyone is getting the new apple iphone, it comes out today. I was thinking about getting it, but $600 for a phone is kind of expensive, so I went with a blackberry pearl.
 
my phone is 4 years old, and has this neat feature that is better than all the new gadjets on the phones.....
It makes phone calls.
 
You guys are really old school, I cannot wait to put GPS and a laptop on my bike. LOL Loco is this what you use for handfree?


http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/hands-free-cell-phone.jpg
hands-free-cell-phone.jpg
 
HEY!!... That guy stole my idea!!.. I called it the "hands-free headband"
 
hands free? why would i want talk to any one when im riding? eash some people i dont even want talk to them at all :D
 
Question is moot this side of the border... only Rogers has a compatible system (GSM) and nothing has been announced... and even if it were... I won't get a Rogers version if it does become available... tried all three carriers now and have gone back to Bell... nothing like actually getting reception. Add to that the fact that the entire population of Canada is only 32'000'000 compared to over 306'000'000 in the US... whole lot of cross-border hoopla for an extra 10% in market size and only one carrier (can't find numbers on market share).

Would I like to have a chance at getting one? Sure... paid $400 for my PDA phone when it was top-end and it has been worth every penny.

Am I holding my breath? Nah.... unless Apple makes a non GSM verison OR Bell implements a entire platform shift/addition I don't see getting one soon.... and given those scenerios the ball is in Apple's court.
 
CanadaDan said:
Add to that the fact that the entire population of Canada is only 32'000'000 compared to over 306'000'000 in the US

damn im moving to canada..kinda tired of this place anyway
 
i'd love one...but as canadadan says..point is moot. it's not available here, and won't be for the forseeable future. considering that i use my ipod for music, podcasts, games AND a digital photo album, a video player and a storage device (never mind holding my calendar and address book etc)...i love multi-tasking devices. ;D ;D ;D

i won't move to the states to use it...but i'd love to get my hands on one.

rphilli550 said:
damn im moving to canada..kinda tired of this place anyway
are you saying that because of our smaller population...or to get away from the hype?
 
bluemetaldog said:
are you saying that because of our smaller population...or to get away from the hype?

I think its because we are all here!!.. ;D... either that or he also thinks all chick drummers are hot!!.. LOL!!!
 
CanadaDan said:
Are you comeing out of the closet on-line? Because that stement pretty much rules out men ;D
we can multi task, i can drink beer and use channel changer at same time.
 
Back
Top Bottom