Mikuni BS36 carb

INDYRACER44

New Member
got a 1981 Suzuki GN400 for my first bike and turns out there is a small hole in the carb diaphragm which is disabling it to run. The local motor sports shop wants to charge $300 to basically rebuild the carb. My budget is tight so does anyone by chance have a diaphragm available or Mikuni BS36 carb that is in running condition?
 
INDYRACER44 said:
I'll check that out.. sounds a whole lot better then paying $162 for a replacement.

I did it because I had a the materials already and would do it as a temporary fix, I would source them myself online they don't cost 162 $ prob around 50$ for a pair.
if you decide to ghetto fix it use just enough rubber to cover the hole on both sides, the neoprene glue you have apply on both surfaces ( clean and dry) and let it dry for about 1-2 mins and attach them together for it to work, its on the directions.
 
danker16 said:
I did it because I had a the materials already and would do it as a temporary fix, I would source them myself online they don't cost 162 $ prob around 50$ for a pair.
if you decide to ghetto fix it use just enough rubber to cover the hole on both sides, the neoprene glue you have apply on both surfaces ( clean and dry) and let it dry for about 1-2 mins and attach them together for it to work, its on the directions.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if I go that route!
 
here do it right these guys rock give them a call

http://jbmindustries.com/Dimensions.html

its only 20 or so dollars
 
Back
Top Bottom