Modifying: How do I get this off?

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
So I was an idiot when I first started this build and bought some Raask rearsets (overpriced crap). I'm not really impressed with them but I'm going to make them work. First order of business, I don't think the spline count matches up so I need to replace that piece with this: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-transmission-parts-offset-shifter-shaft-02-5000.html


To put that on I obviously need to take the old one off. I'm not sure how to get it off. Ideas?
d3822b2c.jpg
 
Looks like a rivieted pin, grind the bulbous end off then tap it out, if it won't come out drill a hole through the centre to allow it to shrink, then tap it out. The joint should still be ok. just replace the pin with a nice allen head bolt.

Let us know how it works.

Hank
 
Hank said:
Looks like a rivieted pin, grind the bulbous end off then tap it out, if it won't come out drill a hole through the centre to allow it to shrink, then tap it out. The joint should still be ok. just replace the pin with a nice allen head bolt.

Let us know how it works.

Hank


X2 thats what i'd do.
 
Back
Top Bottom