motobits rearsets + cl350 = kickstand or center stand troubles...

chewy

El Borracho
Hi guys!

Just put the motobits rearsets on my cl350 and they look and feel awesome.

However, I obviously had to unbolt the cross bar and kickstand, which leaves only the center stand. The centerstand on my bike doesnt work optimally as I have slightly longer shocks on my bike, and it now wobbles when down on the stand, and rubs the chain when up... :(

Have any of you fabricated a better solution? or do you just run the centerstand only? modify the kickstand?

Thanks!

You can kind of see that the center stand is leaning to one side.....
621976_10100133610111212_1861897513_o.jpg
 
A number of people move the kickstand forward, roughly just under where the alternator is. I believe I'll have the same issue as well. Benjie did it on this bike:

elpoquito_2.jpg
 
I've used these. Work great with Honda stands.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1514

large_1514_weld-on-kick-stand-mount-lug-triumph-photo-1.jpg
 
right on!

Fairly simple mod to do. Good to know it's charted territory!

Thanks guys! I'll search for some more photos to check out some other examples.
 
Back
Top Bottom