Near miss with a Deer!

those guys didn't even flinch. last year a friend of mine was on his way to the track for one of our "track days". I was wondering why Rocky was late. seems while in route, cruising about 80 mph, a cop was heading toward him on the other side. Rocky glanced to see if the cop was turning around to chase him, when he glanced back at the highway, he hit a deer. no time to even react. wham!! :o

his brand new suzuki sportbike was totalled, deer was killed on impact, and Rocky walked away with nothing more than a couple of small bruises and even came on to the track to work. cops figured it was due to the fact he didn't have time to tense up and slam on the brakes. I told him he's got an angel watching over him. cops didn't ticket him for speeding either. ;D considering Rocky also races for the fun of it on occasion, he "was" wearing full racing leathers at the time, which I'm sure helped out a bit.
 
I had a near collison with a deer myself two summers ago, which makes me think twice now about speeding around windy roads out in the back country. (Mind you, it doesn't stop me from picking up speed now and again!) Rider ahead of me slammed on his brakes, misses the deer by inches, deer got scared and re-crossed the road, but towards me, but luckily I had already slowed down enough and avoided collison. The both of us were so close to hitting the deer that we could have touched it! The riders behind us had no clue what happened. They just saw us slow down.
Whew. Broad daylight this happened too! Thank god for good brakes a quick reflexes and a lot of luck!
 
Same reason drunk drivers walk away from fatal car accidents. They dont tense up.

I hear of plenty of head ons with bikes. I work in a local level 1 trauma center.
 
Fear My Twin said:
Same reason drunk drivers walk away from fatal car accidents. They dont tense up.

I hear of plenty of head ons with bikes. I work in a local level 1 trauma center.
few months ago, i almost had it some idiot spead across stret from a drive way to anougher drive way when heard my breaks squel he stopped in middle road when got bike to stop my wheel was touching his driver door, between similar accident on bicycle when i was 16 and tai kwan do lessons around same time, my first reaction besides stopping was to lossen al my mucles so could toss self over roof on impact instead of stiff body going thru his window.
 
Back
Top Bottom