Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400 *FOUND*

Redliner

Over 1,000 Posts
Well I think the 9ft/lbs in the manual was being a bit ambitious. Snapped the head-cover bolt. While I'm searching for somebody with a drill, can somebody tell me where I can find a bolt that will work?

It's Honda # 90082-413-000.

Need it shipped in the US quick!

Thanks.

$(KGrHqV,!lsFGnHHwfU+BRt2S)Vpsw~~60_35.JPG
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

What year is the bike? I have a 79 cm400 that is parted out. What are the specifics/length of the bolt itself? It's yours if I have it. No charge...Let me know.
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

1980 CM400e

Oh man, you could be a life-saver. First I had to deal with a bent shift-shaft, then leaking tank and so forth. This bike has been trouble! And to top it off, when I replaced the shift-shaft, the old shift lever won't align to the teeth -.-

It's a 6mm bolt, overall length 45mm and the large part before the taper is about 26mm.

Thanks a ton. I'm sure a simple postage stamp covers it :P
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

Are you sure its a 6mm? The ones I have are 10mm. Do you have the rubber to go with it?
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

It's a 6mm bolt with a 10mm head ;)

I have everything but a bolt. Bugger snapped :P
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

Ahhhh...Cool. PM the mailing address and I will throw it in the mail tomorrow morning.
 
Re: Need to source a head-cover bolt! CM400

Just in time!

I live by a parts yard, so if you need anything I can go pull it ;)

Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom