NON M/C - Pocket WIFI

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
OK... this is completely non m/c but it's such a great little thing I had to share...

It's the greatest little travel WIFI router/Access Point/Client out there...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=D700-5178

And this is a great price... you can get them on eBay for $50 but they charge $30+ shipping ::) For those of you in the GTA you can head down to Tiger Direct and get one yourself... I just ordered a second one because Tracey won't give the first one back :D

Locally these are $120! :o

I've used it at Holiday Inn's, my home, Tracey's classroom... works everywhere with every network I've tried it on. Really nice at hotels which only offer hard-line internet access... just plug the cord into this, leave it on the desk and you have WIFI anywhere in the room. A lot easier to set up than a traditional router as a DHCP client and access point

I used it at home to blanket a dead spot in my sunroom that had a network cable but was WIFI dead... this solved that.

And it IS small enough that if you need to take a laptop with you on a MC ride the entire thing, adaptor and all, is smaller than the power brick for your laptop ;D
 
CanadaDan said:
OK... this is completely non m/c but it's such a great little thing I had to share...

It's the greatest little travel WIFI router/Access Point/Client out there...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=D700-5178

And this is a great price... you can get them on eBay for $50 but they charge $30+ shipping ::) For those of you in the GTA you can head down to Tiger Direct and get one yourself... I just ordered a second one because Tracey won't give the first one back :D

Locally these are $120! :o

I've used it at Holiday Inn's, my home, Tracey's classroom... works everywhere with every network I've tried it on. Really nice at hotels which only offer hard-line internet access... just plug the cord into this, leave it on the desk and you have WIFI anywhere in the room. A lot easier to set up than a traditional router as a DHCP client and access point

I used it at home to blanket a dead spot in my sunroom that had a network cable but was WIFI dead... this solved that.

And it IS small enough that if you need to take a laptop with you on a MC ride the entire thing, adaptor and all, is smaller than the power brick for your laptop ;D
i carry a signal booster and power inverter on scooter so can just steal peoples wifi easyer:))
 
pyro139 said:
i carry a signal booster and power inverter on scooter so can just steal peoples wifi easyer:))

BAHA! Two years running I've been able to check e-mail, auctions etc from in front to of my kids school while waiting for them... browse shared folders, even printed something once ;D
 
CanadaDan said:
BAHA! Two years running I've been able to check e-mail, auctions etc from in front to of my kids school while waiting for them... browse shared folders, even printed something once ;D
sweet im in toronto to mucj interference if you aint carrying a booster
this my wifi surfer
411T2EMR6KL._AA280_.jpg
 
This is my new portable wifi surfer (although the signal extender is what the thread was about in the first place). BTW, a second cheap wifi router can most often also be set up as an extender - not that I know how of course. For use at home, a $30 router is better than this, although maybe more work to set up.

touch-ipod.jpg
 
You really need to know what you're doing to set up a router as a DHCP client and access point... I have one setup on my desk right now and it was a bitch... this after setting up my first DOS LAN 13 years ago ::)

The beauty of this little puppy is the hotel usage and it's size.

As for surfing... still using my PPC-6600... no WIFI... still have to crack open the Laptop.

Now if I order the XPS M1310 from dell that I've been eyeing at least that will be easier than my 15.4 HP ;D

Tim... you don't actually HAVE the iTouch yet do you?
 
Tintin said:
This is my new portable wifi surfer (although the signal extender is what the thread was about in the first place). BTW, a second cheap wifi router can most often also be set up as an extender - not that I know how of course. For use at home, a $30 router is better than this, although maybe more work to set up.

touch-ipod.jpg
a booster will extend signal of all available signals not just yours ;D
 
Back
Top Bottom