Ordering new jets for cone filters and open pipes. I only need new Primary jets?

Fear My Twin

Chicks hate my bike.
Just wondering if I only need to bump up the size of my primarys or if I need new low speed jets too?

FYI, Keihin jets---> http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/keihin_jetting.htm

Also found a good site which explains rejetting easily. -->http://www.trak-tek.com/products/airCleaners/ramFlo/installation/cvCarbJetting.html
 
Fear My Twin said:
FYI, Keihin jets---> http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/keihin_jetting.htm

Those jets are probably for the Keihin BN series only and are completely different than the jets needed for Keihin motorcycle carbs.
DG
 
In my experience jet kits are the whole shabang...you may be able to find just certain ones...but i have always bought the whole kit.
 
Try these...i dunno exactly what you are looking for or what model Keihin you have...

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Manufacturer-Parts~mfr~Keihin~dept_id~1231064~iState~1.asp
 
Well I feel like a jackass.

The local dealer had a 20% off entire stock today so I stopped in. I picked up some 145's and 150's for $7.

But then the credit card min. was $10 so I picked up 4 more OEM Honda spark plugs for $15 total. Now if I can find time to install Ill be golden.
 
Sorry this is bleeding over from one thread to another..Yanno..like i said i dunno much about K carbs...but after watching that video you may want to move the needle down a notch (if it has a needle adjustment) and maybe step up one or two sizes on your bleeder jets, if they have those...that flaming is saying its lean....also have you checked to see if you have a intake leak round your boots/manifold?? Use some carb spray around the intake, if the idle bogs you're leaking and you'll never get the carbs tuned if its leaking. You could try the propane tank thing suggested, but with actuall fire coming from your pipe id shy away from that hehe. Is idle smooth?? The mains are only going to effect high midrange and WOT as far as my understanding goes. You know how to do a plug chop test? This has got to suck with one hand...when you get that cast off??
 
Re: Ordering new jets for cone filters and open pipes. I only need new Primary j

Im determined to knock out this problem today. After physical therapy Im going to break down a carb again and post back up.

Thanks!
 
Fear My Twin said:
Just wondering if I only need to bump up the size of my primarys or if I need new low speed jets too?

FYI, Keihin jets---> http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/keihin_jetting.htm

Also found a good site which explains rejetting easily. -->http://www.trak-tek.com/products/airCleaners/ramFlo/installation/cvCarbJetting.html

Yes only the mains would need replacing for rejetting.

Harry
 
^Thank you sir!

Well I let the bike warm up today. Left cylinder was very cool. While the right was pretty warm, not like skin boiling hot, just warm.

I did pull the plugs and take pics but forgot them at home. I can load them tonight.

The left plug is a nice dry soot.

The right is a dry soot with a grey/ burnt tip.

Also, I noticed that the flames arent on decel. all the time. Just if I really crank it up say to 6k and then let off.

Besides that I should have mentioned earlier that I am pretty sure the 500T is a DOHC 180 degree twin. Should the cylinders be firing at the same time? Or is this a timing problem. Here is what I found on the 500t:
IN common with all previous Honda twins the CB500T used an 180° crank, as opposed to the traditional British 360° setup. Bear in mind that a 4-stroke cylinder fires once every 2 revolutions (720°) of the crank.
 
Re: Ordering new jets for cone filters and open pipes. I only need new Primary j

fires 180* out
 
Well I fixed the uneven exhaust pulse. It turns out one of my idle screw springs was half the size as the other. That fixed the pulse but I am still running hot on the one cylinder.

I guess I need to set timing again. Too bad I have to catch a flight to vegas at 2pm. :(
 
Back
Top Bottom