Post a pic of your latest purchase

xb33bsa said:
haha i had forgot about the 81 125 being wet ::)

I was given one of them for a few days as owner didn't have time to break it in before racing Saturday and Sunday, can't remember if he won anything though ???
It was a 'toy' compared to 490's ;)
 
the 490's were a beast
back in the day when i was racing national enduros my regular bike broke(kdx200) too soon to fix , i was loaned a 490 IT which is basically a slightly detuned yz but weighs an extra 40lbs >:(
anyway i never got the suspension settings dialed and ended going flying w over the bars and off a CLIFF
nocked ever bit of the breath out of me and broke the handlebars clean off the clutch side on that pig
needless to say it was a long ass ride back to camp :-[
 
Yep, slid my Maico off a cliff, luckily I didn't go over and bike was caught about 20 ft down before it went completely vertical for 80~90ft :o
Took a while to get back to trail
The stupid shit we do as 'kids' ;D
 
Bought a rocket ship from NASA
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 295
Not my purchase but I helped pick it out and convince the new owner it was way cooler then a ruckus. I love hondas but they never made one of these.

91 Yamaha DT50LC rip snorten 50cc's of 2 stroke badassness for a 15 yr old to learn to ride!
 

Attachments

  • dt50 2.jpg
    dt50 2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 263
  • DT50.jpg
    DT50.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 265
Just picked this up other day ! Its one of the bikes that was on my bucket list so theres one more checked off ;D

2000 Kaw ZX7R


 
Maritime said:
Not my purchase but I helped pick it out and convince the new owner it was way cooler then a ruckus. I love hondas but they never made one of these.

91 Yamaha DT50LC rip snorten 50cc's of 2 stroke badassness for a 15 yr old to learn to ride!

Lucky boy! Very nice bike, looks to be in great condition too.
 
HerrDeacon said:
Lucky boy! Very nice bike, looks to be in great condition too.

yep, fully maintained by the kid who owned it, came with brand new tires, tubes, clean crankcase oil, clean coolant. fired up easy and I was able to get it up to 80 KPH with my 210 lb fat ass on it. Needs the chain lubed as it has sat since last year in an unheated garage and my need a carb cleaning. Has some surface rust here and there etc but new owner will do a basic lube and ride until fall. He is into re-doing BMX's frame up, can even lace and true wheels so he will strip this down with some guidence from me and his dad and do a full on resto over winter. Came with a full repair manual, owners manual, spare cables, spare cltuch plates and springs. It needs a new throttle tube as it cracked end of last year. The kid we bought it from rode the thing everyday, turned 16, took his test, bought a Suzuki Maruader and decided 50cc was just too small LOL.
 
Mr_Dunev said:
My M4 slip on just came for my SV650 ;D So i need to cut the exhaust

Dunev, what are you doing with the stock muffler? I've been looking for a takeoff for my GS450......
 
Battery box for the XL arrived today in the mail. Its in really good shape, it should clean up nicely. Only thing is it didn't come with the cover, will probably end up making one out of fiberglass if I can't find a cheap one. Also got a plate for the XL today, just noticing now that the first three letters are KAF, how appropriate :)
 

Attachments

  • batteryBox_1.jpg
    batteryBox_1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 279
  • licensePlate_1.jpg
    licensePlate_1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 279
Big Rich said:
Dunev, what are you doing with the stock muffler? I've been looking for a takeoff for my GS450......

I hadn't actually thought about it. If you want it I'm sure we can figure something out.

Ribo said:
You'll need an oil drum and some lye..

I'm not changing the oil in my truck.
 
Back
Top Bottom