Post a pic of your latest purchase

i picked this today at the local scrap yard for $5.20 no bullshit
turns out it is quite rare dealer installed option for a 57 gmc pickup
 

Attachments

  • jet 004.JPG
    jet 004.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 304
  • jet 013.JPG
    jet 013.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 324
xb33bsa said:
i picked this today at the local scrap yard for $5.20 no bullshit
turns out it is quite rare dealer installed option for a 57 gmc pickup
What the hell kind of homo-erotic phallic bling is that? Before too long you'll lounging on leopard print chaise lounge drinking champagne while watching Kenneth Anger films in neon lit back rooms. ;)
 
xb33bsa said:
500 eh? i wasn't shooting quite that high :-\
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1955-1957-GMC-pickup-truck-JET-AIRPLANE-HOOD-ORNAMENT-Rat-Rod-2333755-/191221440626?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c85afa072

Obviously, they might not get that price but I've seen it before. I saw one in a local auction go for $350.
 
Yup. That'll work.

I'm on a big lot, so that's at least 100 ft to the road.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    446.7 KB · Views: 325
Interested to see how this holds up, went down really well.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403387699.878414.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403387699.878414.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 460
Can you post a pic of the engine? I'm looking to do this soonish so interested in how the finish looks and it holds up for ya. Did you spray or brush?
 
It's a two part, so it comes with a hardner. Doesn't say you need to heat cure, but I'm sure it'll help. Laid down the paint tonight, going to put it in the car under the windshield tomorrow to get it as hot as I can.
 
Here's a pic, bike won't be ready this year likely so I won't be able to comment on how well it holds up.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403391832.954630.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403391832.954630.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 321
It'll be fine. Surface temps of the jugs usually doesn't exceed 300°F. Regular enamel paint usually copes just fine.
 
My latest purchase. 1996 r1100rs with a 2002 r1150rt running gear transplant. Daily driver workhorse and it is awesome!

yda3agy3.jpg


qytazuqa.jpg


My additions so far are new tires, PIAA LED driving lights and ADVMonster LED headlight, the system cases, and a Cortech tank bag. It's a fun, do it all bike!

2uradave.jpg


u8yryqy7.jpg
 
I remember back in the good ol days when we used to "build" bikes around here, not buy a BMW with some bags and a fancy schmancy headlight.......









Just kidding brother, that bike is rad.
 
That had to of been built by Lincoln it's exactly like my 135 (except the color)that I've been beating the shit outta for 14 + or - years. I've run thousands of miles of wire through it with no problems. Hell I'm on my third lead but the machine it self...flawless
 
Back
Top Bottom