Push pull throttle cables for clip ons

In the process of a 73 Cb500 rebuild I decided to go with clip-ons and am interested in converting to to push pull throttle set up that would require the type of throttle cables that can be seen in the link below.

My question is, does anyone know of shorter then stock cables of this style that I could run with clip-ons? I measured the stock cables at 40in from tip to tip (extending beyond the housing). Any help would be greatly appreciated.



https://www.denniskirk.com/motion-pro/push-pull-throttle-cable.p1908469.prd/1908469.sku
 
Call MotionPro. Tell them you need cables eith the correct fittings for a cb500 but "x" number of inches long.
 
And if you don't want to spend the money or want a temporary fix, you can reroute, with the cables facing forward out of the controls and making a short loop before going under the tank.
 
Von,
Thanks for the advice. I did call MotionPro over lunch but they were not able to provide much help because they do not know what cables are compatible with the throttle assembly from Dime City that I was looking at using (see picture). I have since sent an email to the guys at DCC to see if they could provide some info. We'll see where that goes.

This may be getting beyond the scope of this subject but I have heard of people cutting the cables/housing and soldering on new barrel nipples. Is it really that simple?
 
Back
Top Bottom