Rearset Suggestions

matt1981XL250s

New Member
Hi guys

I'm looking for some wisdom for my build. I'm building a cafe racer out of an 1981 XL250s.

I was looking at rearsets for my bike and it can be hard to tell just looking online. I was looking at the dimecitycycles rearsets in the link below. Any feedback? Or suggestions?

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-custom-motorcycle-chassis-transmission-universal-aluminum-loaded-gun-rearsets-lgc-rearsets.html

I was looking at changing the front end to one with disc breaks and lower. I have been told the CB500 front ends are a good start. Anyone offer any wisdom for an easy conversion?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
 
Hi Matt,

Basically, those rear sets look fine. But it's HOW you mount them, that is the tricky bit. Usually involves a plate or bracket welded/ bolted to your frame to which you attach your rear sets and then linkages for brakes and gears. I'm sure you'll get the idea if you trawl through this section for a while.

I'm in the process of making a mounting plate myself and that's why I'm here just getting some ideas.

Good Luck
 
Man i always just buy a cheep set of mid 90 rocket rear sets off ebay for fifty or so bucks and build plates it will be way less $
 
Re: Re: Rearset Suggestions

bradj said:
Man i always just buy a cheep set of mid 90 rocket rear sets off ebay for fifty or so bucks and build plates it will be way less $

This^^

I got a set from an R1 for $55 shipped.
 
Back
Top Bottom