Rearsets Help

Not sure about clamp-on mounts. Looks like it might flex especially when braking hard.

You might also consider Dime City... they're linkage kit is cheaper plus you get a 10% DTT discount with promo code "DOTHETON".

I got my rearsets and linkage from them. Not installed yet but a solid nice looking product:
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/cafe-racer-parts/vintage-universal-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-parts/vintage-universal-caferacer-cafe-racer-motorcycle-parts.html?cat=352
 
the tc bros "kit includes.... 4 5/16 ball joints" which is what you need... if you look closely at their ad you'll see that they're the right angle kind like the one a the bottom of this pic
1-Rod%20Ends.jpg
 
djg42 said:
Thanks!
How do you get the rod ends to hook up to the shifter?

You'd get/make a small bracket with a hole in it to fit the shifter shaft. Then the ball joint bolt attaches to it like this:

2884992755_fb00dd829d.jpg


2885828086_4cbc40ae53.jpg


index.php
 
thanks, those look awesome
Here's what im thinking for mine, i have the CBR sets.
Im thinking I might be able to use the CBR linkage, but how would I get the piece that connects to the shifter shaft off so I can put my own in?(the CBR connector is so damn close to fitting!)

Or, I have the linkage set from dime city I can use, but would I disconnect the ball joint+linkage from the CBR sets?

IMG00071-20110123-0749.jpg


IMG00072-20110123-0749.jpg
 
In that first link....are the mountings clamped to the frame tube?.......nasty!

I would be warey of buying "universal" rearset kits......you may be left with more work to do than you imagine !

We make rearsets for Titans......take a look.....and by all means use the same principles to create your own !

Good luck.
 

Attachments

  • rearsets 007.JPG
    rearsets 007.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 445
Now those are nice rear sets! I have reservations about clamping something as critical as rearsets to the frame. I have a suspicion that they would work loose at the wrong time, like when you're riding! Ha!
 
Back
Top Bottom