restoring a disc brake

Rimmy

Been Around the Block
Hey guys,


So I bought a new front disc for my '73 CB350G to replace the old one which was shot to hell by the p.o. He must have ridden it a decent bit without a brake pad up front...


Anyhow, I got a new one off of ebay or somewhere. It is mostly shiny except for a few spots that have light surface rust. I'm a little hesitant to take sandpaper to it to get rid of the rust. Does anyone have any comments on what grit I should use? Also, should the disc be shiny or a flat finish? Should I take at the entire thing with sandpaper? Just not really sure on this one, so any and all info would be greatly appreciated.


thanks,
-jordan
 
Light steel wool and brake cleaner. Works like a charm. You dont want a glass smooth rotor. It will squeel and feel mushy. You want something for the friction material to bite.
 
Back
Top Bottom