Skyteam 2024. Still going

BMac

New Member
Hiya, another year, another MOT and another summer tootling about on the Skyteam Ace. Does anyone else still ride these or am I the last of a dying bread?
MOT required new rear wheel bearings and new cush drives. Not an easy job either of them. If anyone is still here I could go through the process, the disasters and the triumphs. It's probably the same for many small Chinese clone bikes and of course the CG 125 on which they are based.
Is there anybody there?
 
You might not be the last Skyteam Ace rider out there! While the popularity of these bikes might not be on par with major manufacturers, there's definitely a community of riders who appreciate them. If you're willing to share your experience with the MOT process, new wheel bearings, and cush drives, it could be valuable information for other Skyteam Ace riders, especially those maintaining similar Chinese clone bikes.
 
Last edited:
Hiya coperlio. Sorry for the delay in replying to you, I've been out of touch for a while. Back again now though. Thanks for the encouragement on documenting the repair process. I'm sure it is relevant for many Chinese clone bikes, they have many similarities and share many of the same weaknesses. I have written a post on what I did in the Skyteam Ace Resource thread #2658 : https://www.dotheton.com/index.php?threads/the-skyteam-ace-resource.43357/post-958796
I hope that link works. I'm quite new to forum life and not sure what the etiquette is, but I don't think there is any point in copying a post from elsewhere. The Skyteam Ace Resource is a great thread with lots of good info and well worth the read (it is quite long though).
Next job is trying to source rear wheel seals and check the tappets. There is a very annoying ticking noise from the top of the engine, which I believe to be overly loose/gappy tappets. I might write that up as well. I believe ticking tappets is another common cg125 and clone problem, indeed almost all push rod engines tend to have that issue and need to be checked regularly. Just the nature of the beast.
Aside from the Ace, I'm also trying to get an Enfield back in the road after sitting neglected for nearly 10 years. Lots of rust and perished rubber to deal with.
Anyway, plenty to keep me going.
Let me know if there's any interest in tappet fettling and I can do a post on that.
Cheers
 
Yep .... Still thrashing around here in Brisbane Australia on my Ace known as the "chondasaki"
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20240519-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240519-WA0000.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 291
Hey still having a load of fun on my ace 50. Plenty of mods planned on top of the ones allready completed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20251004-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20251004-WA0001.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey Coach. I am in Christchurch NZ. There is a reasonable 50cc following here. Where are you based?
I am over in Brisbane Australia ..... There was a few Ace 125s getting around here but I think they have all moved on. Mine gets ridden every week..... Just spent the last couple of weeks making a new wiring harness for it. Just about to give it some fresh green paint .... We call it the "chondasaki" Chinese / Honda / Kawasaki Green
 
I am over in Brisbane Australia ..... There was a few Ace 125s getting around here but I think they have all moved on. Mine gets ridden every week..... Just spent the last couple of weeks making a new wiring harness for it. Just about to give it some fresh green paint .... We call it the "chondasaki" Chinese / Honda / Kawasaki Green
Awesome. I also ride mine every day where possible. I am doing some head work on a second head at present to open up and improve the flow ready for a high lift cam. Then I will build a new exhaust. Allready has a new CDI, carb and larger front sprocket which get the little 50 to around 65km/hr.
 
Hi folks, just bought a new speedo and tacho set from oo-racing, but I am stumped if I can get it wired in properly.
1767590927364.png

Speedo seems straight forward but the tach doesn't work. it is currently wired into the positive side of the coil.
Anyone ever installed these or something like it and can shed some light. I bloody hate wiring!
 
A few more mods for my ace.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260106-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20260106-WA0000.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20260104-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20260104-WA0004.jpeg
    922.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-20260106-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20260106-WA0002.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Yes, just finished the UK DVLA registration ballache! Mine was in a collection on display since 2016, 4 kilometres on the clock.
Still finding my way around the Chinese cost accountants short cuts but it really is fun, except for the ropey suspension!!skyteam barton 28-09-25.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom