Some paint ideas, suggestions...

Wow - that's an impressive paint finish - have you seen this up close? My tank will look like that, but it's polished alloy :D

I'm sure Noel will want more info on that paint, once he stops drooling.
 
wow that is VERY impressive. however is that clear coated yet? mysta2 two said that when cleared this stuff dulls down, and looks like a normal silver.
Anyway, I think i have discovered what i want to do to my bike. I found an instructional video on how to paint carbon fiber. I think a seat, tank and side panels done in carbon fiber would look sweet. It looks really easy too. I cant wait to try it out on a panel to see what it looks like. I'm planning on building an aluminum seat and side panels so maybe I'll polish them and just paint the tank. Anyone ever see this trick done in person? Its hard to tell from pictures what it looks like.
 
God forbid i mention checks, but i had at one point actually had kinda the same idea as your P-51 mock up there as far as paint goes...not going as far as the rivets and what not...but that yellow and black checker instead of the white really appeals to me. I had even seen a P51 with the same yellow/black checks on the tail section. Ive since come up with a different scheme myself, but what might look slick is to do your whole tail section in the yellow/black checks and just have a black tank with maybe some yellow pinstripe. That would look sick on a bike with blacked out rims and spokes. I'd even thought of going as far as putting a pinup girl on the tank like alot of wwII planes had but you're right that would maybe look outa place on a cafe. More a bob or chop thing perhaps.
 
I like that idea of doing the tail checkered. Feel free to use the theme, because I think I've decided what i am going to do. Since my bike has a lot of good chrome on it, I want to keep it as pretty as possible. polished aluminum side panels and seat, and a dark coloured tank is what i'm aiming for.
 
After I saw that sexy 1100R concept bike i had so see how that paint scheme would look on my bike. I think its neat, has an old school feel but i'm not sure it it fits a cafe racer. A newer stock paint scheme on an old cafe racer :-\ hmmmm....
 
That IS cool! I think it works ok. Not exactly your standard "Rocker" scheme, but it looks like a team roadracer. still fits ok i think. But on the other hand, N is right...black is definately good..and what does it NOT go with?? LOL
 
Back
Top Bottom