Someone help me out please...

TonUpSoldier

bad assed, super fast and fully gassed
Ok i got my carbs cleaned, new orings and gaskets, bench synched...hooked them up to the bike and got it started up, and even with the choke off and the idle adjust screw all the way out, its still idling a bit high, and the throttle takes a very long time to come back to idle...revs up high on a blip, hangs there and then slowly comes back down...my fuel and air screws are adjusted per factory for starters, but what is this indicitive of?? I know they need synched with a manometer, but the idle needs set first...someone help me out??
 
You have an intake leak. Those are classic symptoms. Somewhere in your intake is a leak. If you have a propane torch you can turn it on with no flame and wave it around the intake(with the bike running) and when the propane finds the leak the rpm will change. Then all you have to do is fix the leak and you should be golden.
 
could i not do the same with carb cleaner?? I fear any backfiring thru the carbs would blow me to kingdom come....
 
TonUpSoldier said:
could i not do the same with carb cleaner?? I fear any backfiring thru the carbs would blow me to kingdom come....

Don't worry so much.
Yes, carb cleaner would work.
 
TonUpSoldier said:
Ok i got my carbs cleaned, new orings and gaskets, bench synched...hooked them up to the bike and got it started up, and even with the choke off and the idle adjust screw all the way out, its still idling a bit high, and the throttle takes a very long time to come back to idle...revs up high on a blip, hangs there and then slowly comes back down...my fuel and air screws are adjusted per factory for starters, but what is this indicitive of?? I know they need synched with a manometer, but the idle needs set first...someone help me out??
I agree - check for an intake leak, I use Wd40 if you need another option
 
Back
Top Bottom